Screen Rotation.

OK. So I know I'm hamfisted but this new split edge screen slide/rotation setup is foxing me. I tend to find myself falling into a flat spin and sliding across the battlefield when I try to rotate. Is it possible to mod a visual marker, perhaps either a couple of > < notches or perhaps vertical extensions from the interface bar to differentiate the slide zone from the rotation zone until folks are used to the new concept?

Doodlebug,

I know how you feel. This interface is new and I had some problems too until I just buckled down and got used to it. With time, it will become more familiar to you too. I used a phrase that I learned in the Army. "Suck it up and drive on" helped me a lot.

I thought that if CMBO had the exact same interface when it first came out, we'd have nothing to feel strange about with CMBB because we'd all be used to it.

Here is the remedy. Play a whole bunch of the demo scenarios and I gaurantee after a while all will be well. Give the computer +100% and +200% or more forces and this interface thing will seem like nothing.

[ September 06, 2002, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: Le Tondu ]

The changeover point seems to be about 1/3rd. the way up from the bottom of the screen. So the simple way to get used to it is to keep the cursor down near a corner when you want to slide and above the halfway mark when you want to pan. Remember to do this and you won't go wrong. Pretty soon you won't even have to think about it.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

The rear is my favorite place to be, cheering the troops on: "Good show, boys! Now get back in there and hit 'em again! Is there any more tea?"

:D

Michael

Too pleasant comrade. "Attack or we'll shoot you quicker than the Fascists. Where's my samovar" is more like it! smile.gif