At long last I have found a bug..a rare and strange bug but a bug to be sure

Ok here it is...

I was playing the AI in the Mobile Defence Op. I was on the last battle, at night, 200m visibility.

Now there are my little Fritzy's all hunkered down chewing on liverwurst, waiting for the last Soviet Hordes to appear.

Now out about 700m I see something moving..my first thought is.."Hey look somethings moving"..then the second is "How the hell can I see that? Damn, the medication is wearing off" but when I played it back sure enough I saw movement.

So I zoom into the spot to check again and here was the trick...a KO'd hulk which you can "see" no matter what the conditions, got pushed by the oncoming T-34s..somehow I saw the pushed T-34s and hence, after much deliberation, figured out the axis of attack. This allowed me to shift amour to defeat the Russian Dogs and then move forward to pick the gold out of their teeth.

So there you have it a horrible flaw in the game, which has ruined the experience for me forever..BFC check your mail, lawsuit to follow.

Seriously, as rare as this it is, you may want to look at KO'd vehicles and vis. Or not..but I plan to send a Gun Tractor out in my next night battle I can tell you...

Damn, damn, damn

Just couldn't keep your mouth shut huh. NOW everyone knows.

My trick of sending out recon vehicles to be pulverized so I could see them pushed later has been exposed to all and sundry.

Drat, hey I wanna sue this guy for emotional distress.

Dang back to conventional OPs and LPs

Good one.

A related one which has been mentioned before and which I don't think has been adressed:

Routed enemy infantry flee and disappear into a woodsline. If I click on the 'last seen' icon, it comes up as being located in a 'FOXHOLE'. But I have not spotted any foxholes there. I don't even have LOS to the last seen marker. So voila, I know know the location of one of my opponent's as yet unspotted, hidden, and waiting ambushes. Needless to say, this can swing the outcome of a battle.

So I zoom into the spot to check again and here was the trick...a KO'd hulk which you can "see" no matter what the conditions, got pushed by the oncoming T-34s..

Yes, it's a "bug", but lets be honest here. If T-34s were playing demolition derby with burned out tanks, Germans back in Berlin would be able to hear it.

*CRUNCHGRINDPOWBAMSMASH!!!!*

"If I didn't now any better, I'd say the Russians were on the move."

Originally posted by Nippy:

So I zoom into the spot to check again and here was the trick...a KO'd hulk which you can "see" no matter what the conditions, got pushed by the oncoming T-34s..

Yes, it's a "bug", but lets be honest here. If T-34s were playing demolition derby with burned out tanks, Germans back in Berlin would be able to hear it.

*CRUNCHGRINDPOWBAMSMASH!!!!*

"If I didn't now any better, I'd say the Russians were on the move."

Good point especially at night..then perhaps a grey "sound contact" would be in order here..but not movement...tee hee hee ...I found a bug..I found a buuug.