Gamey Tourney?

With all the talk against gaminess and everyone always trying to be "PC", what about an anything goes tourney? No unit restrictions, no questionable tactics bashing and barely any gaming etiquitte(sic)( I have none so I can't spell it either.)

I wouldn't have the time or pretend to be smart enough to run this but maybe if there's interest someone would step forward.

I think the entertainment value in the AAR's alone could make this popular. Any thoughts?

Originally posted by StugIII:

With all the talk against gaminess and everyone always trying to be "PC", what about an anything goes tourney?

Just a quick thought, but what does 'gamey' play have to do with the overused, prejudicial, politically inane, intellectually bankrupt, catchall testament to 'halfwits unwilling to admit that anyone's political stance that differs from their own deserves any respect', have to do with the term 'PC' ?

Seriously. Discuss 'gamey' play in terms of the game.

Originally posted by PawBroon:

Go to bed Steve!

But I'd like you to know that we appreciate you stepping forward to organize it.

:D

Bugger. I don't even know what 'yea' or 'nay' might mean, just now, but if The French says it must be so, then so it will be so.

Me for bed, and check this thread upon the morrow.

Ok I'm game.

I'll be running that No Holds Barred Tourney.

I'd say we are trained for this after gazillions of Games in the Pool.

I'll be in touch with some valuable individuals hereafter called Jerks and will post info at MODs & MODers for further developements...

Originally posted by Noba:

Seanachai, get back in the 'pool.

And send a turn.

Noba.

You shall have your turn.

Only two things, in all the past months of my own and other's stupidity, has hurt me:

The absence of The French, and the disapearance of Peng.

I feel revitalized.

Mind, I'm going to have to go to bed soon, or lose consciousness.

[...]what about an anything goes tourney? No unit restrictions, no questionable tactics bashing and barely any gaming etiquitte[...]Any thoughts?

This sounds like the "Ass Kickers of the Month" (AKOTM) tourneys that were running a while a ago - you should be able to find info with a search.

Lots of fun, wildly gamey (e.g., not possibly natural) map terrain, flamethrowers, rickets, king tigers and hetzers.

so, you're volunteering to run something like this?

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by StugIII:

With all the talk against gaminess and everyone always trying to be "PC", what about an anything goes tourney?

Just a quick thought, but what does 'gamey' play have to do with the overused, prejudicial, politically inane, intellectually bankrupt, catchall testament to 'halfwits unwilling to admit that anyone's political stance that differs from their own deserves any respect', have to do with the term 'PC' ?

Seriously. Discuss 'gamey' play in terms of the game.

</font>

I'm working on it Aaronb.

Right now I'm thinking it through and am pondering the How many Games variable.

Being French I can't say I'll do an a la Baseball like the AKotM was.

Once I'm done, I'll keep you posted.

All Would be Inners might peep though.

PawBroon,

Thanks for volunteering. We'll see if there's enough interest.

As for a setup I'd say the maps could be pre-made but, of course, unit selection would be completely up to the player. This could be alot of fun watching King Tigers vs. Jeep rushes, entire towns going up in flames because of some trigger happy FT team trying to deny an access route, ect...

If there's any interest make it offically known and we'll see where we stand in a week.

With all the talk against gaminess and everyone always trying to be "PC", what about an anything goes tourney? No unit restrictions, no questionable tactics bashing and barely any gaming etiquitte(sic)( I have none so I can't spell it either.)

I wouldn't have the time or pretend to be smart enough to run this but maybe if there's interest someone would step forward.

I think the entertainment value in the AAR's alone could make this popular. Any thoughts?

I think the Invitational is almost over...but the AARs are still up. Too bad you missed it.... ;)

Originally posted by PawBroon:

I'm working on it Aaronb.

Right now I'm thinking it through and am pondering the How many Games variable.

Being French I can't say I'll do an a la Baseball like the AKotM was.

Once I'm done, I'll keep you posted.

All Would be Inners might peep though.

Sounds good. I think we have enough time before CMBB to pull one more off - and even if not, CMBB will not replace CMBO.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

posted by StugIII:

With all the talk against gaminess and everyone always trying to be "PC", what about an anything goes tourney? No unit restrictions, no questionable tactics bashing and barely any gaming etiquitte(sic)( I have none so I can't spell it either.) I wouldn't have the time or pretend to be smart enough to run this but maybe if there's interest someone would step forward.

I think the Invitational is almost over...but the AARs are still up. Too bad you missed it.... ;)
:rolleyes::D

Michael,

I'll send you a 9 litre wine bottle full of corks that you can hand out as candy to the Invitational players that deserves this accolade, hehe smile.gif

God, that was funny. I'm still chuckling while typing this...

Regards,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

-----------------

"My dear girl, there are some things that just aren't done, such as drinking Dom Perignon '53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That's just as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs!"

-- James Bond in "Goldfinger" (1964)

[ May 20, 2002, 03:49 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]