A BIG Thankyou to WILD BILL! for "elsdorf"

Yeah, I really enjoyed this one myself and just finished playing it for the second time. I did modify it so that the germans had free placement and I gave the computer +25% troops. I wonder why the designer didn't allow free placement?

When I played the Germans, the Americans ended up taking the middle flag in the forest and it was fun to see my flame hetzer slowly make a sweep through the area so that my troops could later take the objective. The battle was big enough sot hat I usually had to watch the replay at least a couple of times. wink.gif

Limbo

I played it PBEM, and while I did get reamed, my flammpanzer got its nut on. Pretty much single handedly stopped a company of infantry attacking the town. Those boys definitely got a posthumous iron cross.

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.

You'll find it at Madmatts CMHQ Scenario Depot or at Colin's Steel Panthers site, but I sent you a copy Tony to your e-mail address.

The original scenario was on the CD, but it has been revised and the revisions are on the above mentioned sites.

Thanks Panther, Limbo, and WWB_99 for your kind words of encouragement. I'm really delighted you had fun with it.

Wild Bill

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

I was having fun with it (the one off the CD) in a PBEM, playing as the Germans. I'm slowly getting creamed, waiting for the reinforcements to arrive.

They do arrive, first one lot, then the next. The second lot arrive on a road right next to an American platoon, which included a bazooka team. The very next turn after the arrival I lose three Tigers knocked out and the fourth has it's gun damaged. Four Tigers to one bazooka in one turn......

Kinda took all the fun away....

Maybe I'll replay it against the AI and see if my luck is any better.

OGSF

Hey OGSF, did you play the original or the revised version? In the revised version, the second lot of reinforcements is much less likely to arrive where they will be under immediate attack.

Incidentally, I feel your pain: I played Elsdorf as a PBEM, and lost all my Tigers in 2 turns (3 out of 4 in one turn) when they arrived, to my opponents Pershings. I was doing okay but really needed those Tigers, and subsequently lost. Wild Bill kindly listened to my complaints about the location of the reinforcements, and revised the scenario.

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye:

Hey OGSF, did you play the original or the revised version?

Wild Bill kindly listened to my complaints about the location of the reinforcements, and revised the scenario.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is the original version off the CD. I was appalled and horrified at taking such a crippling loss through no fault of my own. After taking the required beating for 15 moves while waiting for the reinforcements to arrive, it nearly broke my spirit to have them appear in territory that was designed to be enemy occupied by that time.

I'm glad to hear the issue has been recognized and that Wild Bill modified the scenario! Also that I'm not alone in "discovering" this "feature" of the original. :^)

OGSF

Where's this MadMatt Scenario Depot? Is it the same as the CMHQ scenario depot at thegamersnet.com? If not I'd appreciate the URL, preferably by email, thanks. And WBW thanks for all the cool scenarios! Whenever I find a WBW I know I've found quality. Appreciate it dude, and also the SPWAW work ( I play that too ).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wild Bill Wilder:

I thank you both, Ronson and CrazyCurt. You are crazy because you put up with my madness in both games biggrin.gif

Madmatt's site:

http://combathq.thegamers.net/

Then go to scenario depot for the latest.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No prob and thanks for the URL, it's the one I know about though smile.gif. A few of mine are even there.