New Mod, take a look. . .

Here is just a sampling of what you get:

RED_VICTORY.JPG

Available at CM Mod Database (as usual)

Please report any glitches to ddodson@earthling.net

(Unfortunately I can't double check that I have all the files included because I am having some technical problems reinstalling the standard BMP folder)

This is not a -total- GUI mod, just what I've had the patience to deal with. It does not include the control interface on the game play panel. This is commonly modified in any case, so one could probably find something compatible. I find it far too tedious to be worth the effort, and I think the original does not look so bad.

Best if used in conjunction with the Soviet Anthem startup music (not included).

The maker of Red Victory GUI does not intend or imply support for Stalinism, totalitarianism, or waving flags enthusiastically on the ledges of tall buildings without a safety harness.

BUMP.

This interface is amazing. It really adds to the game, right from the splash screen to the other nice touches, like the AAR screen background and the button highlights. You really have to check this one out.

Cheers,

Jason

[ November 18, 2002, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Axe2121 ]

Is there a BMP missing? The "load from File" in the QB Terrain selection window? My original texture from the orig. shows next to the two buttons you put in.

But on the other hand I really like the effects, and the doodads you added! Nice touch. Installed it on two computers, one at work , one at home. Both have the above bmp missing.

Thanks for your work.

[ November 18, 2002, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: jd ]

Originally posted by jd:

Is there a BMP missing? The "load from File" in the QB Terrain selection window?

Thanks for your work.

Funny that you mention it. I worked on this obsessively for two weekends in a row. I even called in sick to work one day because I stayed up too late the night before. And in the midst of it I discovered that I can't reinstall the original CMBB files because my CD is apparently defective. Anyway, the Quick Battle screen is the last thing I considered doing, but finally decided against it because I couldn't find the background file even after opening and checking thousands of bitmaps (what a pain--I don't suppose someone out there has an index?) besides which I was feeling rather burnt out on the project.

At this point I do have a Quick Battle title mod and I'll gladly email it to you if you absolutely must have it, but I still can't locate the background file.