Testers Needed for Scenario: "Blood on the Merderet"

This one's been sitting on my HD for a while, and I decided it was good enough for public consumption. "Blood on the Merderet" deals with the suicidal attack by glider troops of the 82d Airborne across the La Fiere Causeway in Normandy. It's 50 turns of utter confusion and mayhem, intended to by played as the Allies. If anyone wants to take a turn at a TCP/IP or PBEM game, feel free, but I haven't tested it in 2-player, yet.

I'm especially proud of the map, which I made using maps and aerial photos of the area.

Let me know if you want to test this baby and I'll e-mail it to you.

I'll get back to modding now smile.gif

I'd like to take a shot at it too. I'm still a CMBO newlywed, but I'm one hell of a critic. People are always telling me to shut-up.

Just tell me whether you want it tested against the AI, or maybe you want to set me up against Stoffel.

Email in profile.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Dook:

Ryan,

I am willing to help you test the scenario if you're interested. I'll play either side, send me a setup once you receive the scenario from Andrew. I promise not to correct your grammar smile.gif

hehe. Check your mail soon...

I just finished playing your map you send me last week.

First things first, it really looks nice.

When I was working on the set-up of my troops, I didn't really knew what to think of those Hotchkisses. If the enemy was going to attack INF only, they could com ein handy, but seen the situation, that would be very unlikely. So I positioned them in a crosfire ambush in such a way that possible break tru's of Allied tanks could be stopped.

When the battle begun, some frontline spotters already pointed out to m that this was going to be THOUGH. Suddenly one M4 after the other started crossing the bridge, and I was hoping for the minefield that as many M4s as possible would take a nosedive. 5 Shermans made it trough the minefield and approached the first line of defense while the INF was getting pounded with arti. I wanted to disrupt their advance as harsh as possible, so their tanks would have no field backup. It worked out pretty good. Two tanks got banged right before entering the town, but three made it, ran over the first line defenses and made the situation in the town critical. The Hotchkisses which were on ambush postitions got slaughtered one by one despite their positions. They took hit after hit in the flank without taking serious damage.

Two of them got smoked, so I ordered the others to retreat and wait for a better opportunity. Which came. Two M4s got flamed by a flankshot of a Hotchkiss. The last one took out one Hotch, but then got taken out by a Pantserfaust.

Meanwhile the INF approached at high speed, and the battle turned into a bloody and fierce event. With LOTS of sweat I maintained postions, forced to give up only the first defensive line.

The battle ended in a tactical victory in my favor.

Now,

The battle was FUN and challenging and I loved it smile.gif . But I think personally after seeing the full force of the Allies, the AI could have done better...a LOT. Lots of glider squads were waiting still behind the bridge, for coffee or burgers...I have no clue. Fact is, if they would have been deployed, I wouldn't have been able to keep my defensive line intact to the second line. Especially taking in count that I had to do a lot of effort to keep it NOW with a lot of cassualties. If the allied side would have been played by a human opponent, he could have overrun me, despite the arti support.

Once again, I loved it, and I don't think it will need too much tweaking aymore, certainly not geographical changes. Concerning the force set-up, I think you only can change things when you know what others did on the map.

Thnx again for the scenario! It was fun!!!