FlaK hiding?

This might be one of the stooopid questions (again) but still: should I hide my FlaK's or not?

Situation: I've put my FlaK in hide in order not to shoot any approaching enemy too early. But then an enemy Jabo pops in for a visit - does my FlaK start shooting at it now (while hidden)? :confused:

I would like to see my FlaK's shooting planes down even at cost of the FlaK. But I wouldn't like to see my FlaK shooting some infantry rifle-men from 1000 m distance. :eek:

I assume the only solution here is to put FlaK in such position it can't shoot enemy too early but is still capable of putting some holes to enemy fighters.

Hmmm, wait: can Ambush setting change this, and if, how? Meaning: if I've set an ambush with FlaK, does it still shoot Jabo's?

Oh you wise Gurus, thank You for sharing Your information with little me :D

/kuma

Originally posted by Kuma of Finland:

This might be one of the stooopid questions (again) but still: should I hide my FlaK's or not?

Situation: I've put my FlaK in hide in order not to shoot any approaching enemy too early. But then an enemy Jabo pops in for a visit - does my FlaK start shooting at it now (while hidden)? :confused:

In some games I've been playing recently, hidden flak unmasks anyway when enemy aircraft appear. So the answer seems to be "yes".

Originally posted by Kuma of Finland:

I would like to see my FlaK's shooting planes down even at cost of the FlaK. [snips]

I would dearly love to see my flak hit an aerial target, for once. Does anyone know how many rounds-per-bird once can expect the different guns to need to expend? Indeed, has anyone ever had the experience of downing an aircraft?

All the best,

John.

Originally posted by John D Salt:

I would dearly love to see my flak hit an aerial target, for once. Does anyone know how many rounds-per-bird once can expect the different guns to need to expend? Indeed, has anyone ever had the experience of downing an aircraft?

I did once a test QB with loads of Jabos for Allied and loads of AA for Axis. To my surprise a single one-barreled 20 mm FlaK was able to down two Jabo's while Ostwinds and Whirlwinds none. I guess this is just a matter of luck here.

And no, at that time I didn't tested the hide or ambush options... And yet no, I didn't save that scenario for later test purposes... And yes, I'm too lazy to do another test run just right now ;)

/kuma

Hi,

I think thta it will engage even if hidden. I seem to remember a game where this happened and I did not want it too.

As for downing JABO's I have had this happen to me and done it. I usually only realise once I check the stats for the AA unit.

H

I have played few scenarios with aircraft, but in one of those I took out a jabo with either an ostwind or a whirlwind, the former I think.

Let me say, it was immensely satisfying. There's a nice explosion and bye bye birdie.

I agree that quad flaks are definitely going to be more effective than a single gun.