Found Problem with FSAA - Geforce2 on Win98

Hi all

I am using the 23.12 drivers for my Geforce2 Ti running under Win 98 and DirectX 8.1 (I had seen similar problems documented but for Win2000). With FSAA enabled, I am getting graphical anomalies in the 3D screen viz:

* text in the status screen (such as unit type, ammo, turn number etc) not showing up, leaving blank black boxes;

* text in activated hotkeys box not showing up (same when hitting Alt-A - blank box shown);

* black, blurry text for labels on Line of Sight tool etc.

The problem seems to be solved after turning off FSAA and rebooting.

My system:

P3-500 upgraded to 1.2Ghz Celeron Tualatin @100Mhz FSB

256Mb RAM

Leadtek Winfast Geforce2 Ti 64Mb with 23.12 NVidia drivers

Turtle Beach Montego II soundcard

DirectX 8.1

[ February 07, 2002, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Brian Smith ]

I thought most problems with the NVidia drivers under Win9x/ME had disappeared by the 21.xx series of drivers. I'd suggest that you install a newer set of drivers. The 27.30's are available for Win9x/ME and you can get them from Guru 3D. I'd also highly suggest uninstalling your current drivers and going to a 'SVGA' generic adapter and then install the latest drivers. The 'Detonator Destoyer' listed at Guru3D may work for you in this regard.