T34 M43 - Wow!!!

***spoiler*** (Approach on Sevastopol)

I just played "Approach to Sevastopol - 45 turn battle" and I've never seen this before, I had two T34's use all of their ammo. In all of games of CMBO I've played I never seen any tank, survive this long in an armor battle.

I had two T34's (green crews) hull down on a little dip in the road and they took out 38 of 50 German vehicles lost including 4 T34 -41's -- total victory!

CMBB - hated the demo, but starting to enjoy the Eastern Front

(edited to add spoiler alert)

[ October 04, 2002, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

pad152,

scenario-specific information should be posted like this:

***spoiler*** (Approach on Sevastopol)

I just played "Approach to Sevastopol - 45 turn battle" and I've never seen this before, I had two T34's use all of their ammo. In all of games of CMBO I've played I never seen any tank, survive this long in an armor battle.

I had two T34's (green crews) hull down on a little dip in the road and they took out 38 of 50 German vehicles lost including 4 T34 -41's -- total victory!

[ October 04, 2002, 06:48 AM: Message edited by: mike8g ]

Originally posted by pad152:

In South of Sword in CMBO, I had two tanks use up all of the main gun and MG ammo, all types. I was a newbie and I was driving them right up ontop of Faust-toting troops, and survived, one Faust-30 missed me from about 10m.

[ October 04, 2002, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Silvio Manuel ]

Originally posted by rune:

So how did you guys like it?

My son, who is 13, made it, and I want to pass along the comments to him.

Rune

Are you serious Rune? If so, it was a lot of fun! Played it through twice as the Germans and had a lot of fun with it. If it was you 13 year old son, then Ive been beat out by a kid out scenario design! Well, it wasnt too hard smile.gif

Chad

Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

Just dont let them duke it out with the latter StuG's and Mark IV's. They will always with back out, or be knocked out. You have to wait for the T34/85 to be able to tackly those fellas. Then the panther comes, back and forth . . .

Chad

SPOILERS:

Yeah, I'm smoken those things right now with my Mk IVs in Derschi Roadblock. I've noticed though, that as I advance, the optics and gun advantages of the Mk IVs over those T34s is dropping off. I am starting to loose tanks.

Originally posted by rune:

So how did you guys like it?

My son, who is 13, made it, and I want to pass along the comments to him.

Rune

I liked it a lot as the Soviets. I had my KV-1 getting kills out to 1000m (not often, but enough to scare the piss out of the rest of the germans).

It was a good, big scenario that was manageable to play (not overwhelming) and fun.