SS Panthers?

I've been wanting to do a Prohkorovka QB ( as accuately as is possible ) & I've got a question re: SS Panthers. I've read in George Nipe's Decision in the Ukraine that none of the SS divisions possessd Panthers in July '43 while another source ( can't remember the name right now ) claims they did. Nipe states that " Wiking " got it's Panthers in August during the battles for the Mius. Anyone got any ideas to clear this one up?

Thanks.

Panzer-regiment 39 consisted of panzerabtielung's 51 and 52.Pz.ab.51 was formed from the II/Panzerregiment 33 of the 9th panzer div.The 52nd was formed from the I/panzerregiment 15 of the 11th panzer div.Together with Panzerregiment "Grossdeutschland" they were to form PanzerBrigade 10.They fielded 184 Panther's at the start of Zitadelle on 5 July,when the attack was called off after the landing's on Sicily on 18 July the Panzerbrigade could field just 44 Panther's.

According to my information Wiking was serving as part of 26th panzer corp along with the 17th panzer div. as a reserve force behind Armeeabtielung Kempf and did not see action in zitadelle.....Since all the Panther's were thus serving in the Grossdeutschland sector I don't think any Panther's fought at Prokohorvka

[ November 30, 2002, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: kevsharr ]