dutch musea

Originally posted by Bakker@home:

Firefly,

I think you mixed up Leiden with Delft (which is nearby) and are referring to the Army Museum (Koninklijke Nederlandse Leger & Wapen Museum) over there ?

Nope, definitely Leiden. I lived in Noordwijk and often went to Leiden at weekends. I don't think I ever went to Delft.

Firefly is right.

Their was or maybe still is a small museum in Leiden.

I have been there myself when I was a young boy.

I dont know if it still exists though.

I do know that there is a real chance that the army museum is going to be moved to Soesterberg on the same ground as the airforce museum

Thanks Henk, at my age you're never too sure if you're going mad or not . I'll have to try to get down to the museum in Delft the next time I'm in the Netherlands, it looks interesting from the web-site.

Have a walk through the dunes at the Dutch North Sea coast. I used to spend a lot of Saturdays climbing on old bunkers, which I know now were build as a part of the infamous "Atlantic Wall". It's interesting to see those bunkers still being in good shape.

Mies

It is,the one in Overloon(national resistance and war museum) is a good place too.

also the cavalry museum in Amersfoort and the airborne in Arnhem

let me know when you come over,maybe we can all meet than in one of those musea smile.gif

the number of dutch players grows I see smile.gif