Operation design - available points

I am designing this operation - December 1944 - map 4480 x 2400 m, German assault,

window 1600 m. What's the maximum number of units, I can pick ? I wanted to set-up an operation where the player acts as defender against AI attacker, but it would be still challenging due to the force distribution. I roughly estimated that the Germans need abt. 12.000 pts, while I would leave the allied defender with 6.000 à 7.000. pts

These numbers would not appear at once, but would be distributed over the 5 reinforcements. As I experienced during test-play that the attacker suffers a casualty -rate of abt. 50 %, I wanted to increase his forces. But when I started modifying the units, the buying was suddenly limited to 8.500 for the Germans. Whatever combination I tried, I could not even return to the initial setup. Is there an absolute limit or does map-size, chosen quality, time, etc... affect availability ?

------------------

http://users.pandora.be/aneric/index8.htm#Projects

[This message has been edited by McAuliffe (edited 03-16-2001).]

[This message has been edited by McAuliffe (edited 03-16-2001).]

I just did a test and discovered that there is no point limit. I was able to but over 30000 points worth of elite King tigers.

The limit is on the total number of units. I didn't bother counting the number but I only managed 3 or 4 batallions of infantry before it didn't let me place any more.

My advice it to beef up the attacker with armor rather than infantry so that you can balance the scenario with the few remaining unit slots that you have.

In your scenario's readme and/or briefing, you should warn people that this is a huge map and may be too much for their computer to handle. Mine would probably choke on it.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Free hosting for your CM pictures!

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 03-16-2001).]