How long will it take for CMBB mods to pop up?

From some previews I've seen it appears that CMBB is as good, if not better than a fully modded CMBO. So I'm wondering if the mod artists will start working on mods right away or will the stock graphics last longer for this game?

Also, will winterized textures be included with CMBB as I've learned that they weren't with CMBO?

[ July 20, 2002, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: StarFleet Captain ]

Dan addressed this very point a couple days or so ago.

Essentially he stated that with the amount of time alotted to each vehicle, as much improved as the look is over even the best mods, a dedicated artist with unlimited time to spend on an individual unit is likely to produce some stunning works. My guess is that we will start seeing something within a couple weeks and the frenzy with start anew.

As much as I liked the graphics in CM:BB, one cannot help but look forward to the possibilities of the mods. If history has shown us anything is that the talent available in this board can bring about some remarkable results.

BDH

Well, with my little utility to add terrain grids to CMBO tiles, I can have gridded grass within five minutes of installing CMBB. :cool:

(Assuming of course, the terrain tiles are sequentially numbered.....)

But I guess that won't count, since I'm not likely to release 'em. Grid your own grass, is what I say....

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Oh, September 21. Maybe late in the day September 20.

I'm already doing research... :cool:

Excellent!! I love your mods Andrew. Especially your uniforms. Keep up the awesome work and I'll bo looking for some of your CMBB mods. No pressure, though... ;)

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Oh, September 21. Maybe late in the day September 20.

I'm already doing research... :cool:

Me too!

Don't worry starfleet captain. Modding is as much an addiction as 'CM:TheGame' is. We need our 'fix' as well, once in a while. And this is a great chance to do a LOT of new stuff. :D