Grafenwohr Scenario - Has Anyone Played It?

Has anyone played it yet? I just finished it and ended up with a draw. This was only my second CM game. I was wondering how other people have done. The intro says you should be able to complete the mission with very little casualties. Needless to say that did not happen to me.

It seems like a good scenario and has the potential to teach a lot about infantry (only) tactics.

Gotcha

I posted my AAR on this scenario on the war-historical Usenet forum about a week ago . Despite getting my ass kicked early on, I managed to pull a victory out of the bag at the end, no doubt due to my good leaders.

I didn`t remember the name, soif you can`t find it and want to read it, I`ll email it to you.

Henri

Played it to a major victory against the AI, without reading the tutorial on CMHQ. It's a neat little scenario. Makes you appreciate your support weapons with good fields of fire.

Lest you think I'm tooting my own horn, the AI kicked me upside the head in the Fire & Maneuver armor tutorial.

Guess I'm a ground-pounder at heart.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

I played part of it but had to leave (yes, dear, whatever you say dear)....

only comment is not only are the SS hamsters but German 81 mm FO's are girly gerbils tongue.gif

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

I liked it. I got a total victory against the AI.

SPOILERS on how

Okay I moved my two 50mm mortars up very close with my company CO so they can fire at that pesky Brit MG (U know the one) My 3 platoons bounded from cover to cover, with my right most my "attacker" My other platoons were being diversions and basically just taking fire and suppressing defenders. I had my 80mm mortar observer launch his load into the big forest the Brits are in. By the time that was winding down, my assault platoon rushed the place, killing or routing all.

By this time, my middle platoon had lost one squad to a rout, and the others were more or less intact. I waited 3 turns, and moved my assault platoon into the rough thats left of the woods. Next turn, I had them rush the Brit Mg post while my 2nd platoon rushed to the next cover. Next turn I rushed the Brit Mortar post with the flag on it with my assault platoon. I moved up my second platoon closer to the enemy. By this time both of them are out of ammo. I still have my left most platoon on the crest of the hill close to the big patch of rough. Next I order my 12cm mortar fire onto the remaining Brit postitions. After two turns, I rush them with ALL my platoons and then the battle is over. Total Victory for me. the Brits surrendered. They lost all their men except 11 who routed off the field. I lost 31 men. (Ironically enough, my assault platoon which did all the work took the least casualties of all my platoons, only losing 8, but killing and capturing about 40 of the enemy themselves) The platoon that took the worst casualties was my reserve platoon that only saw 2 turns of combat (They rushed the Brit MG area from the front to be a diversion so my other platoons could get to grenade range since their guns were empty)

Hope these tactics help you guys. I am pretty good at infantry tactics because I have been playing Close Combat for 4 years and this is VERY similar.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pathfinder:

I played part of it but had to leave (yes, dear, whatever you say dear)....

only comment is not only are the SS hamsters but German 81 mm FO's are girly gerbils tongue.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"girly gerbils..." I LOVE IT!!! biggrin.gif thanks for the much needed laugh...