Importing Forces...?

...From one battle MAP to another? Hmmm.

You can import troops from one battle to another as long as you import the previous battle's saved game as a map. The troops arrive with the map and are for free.

But you can't import troops from one map to another map without going in and counting heads then recreating them in Scenario Editor in a new scenario... which you can THEN import as a saved map in a Quickbattle game.

[ November 12, 2002, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

I wonder if this would be feasible: a function in the editor to "export forces," i.e. create a small text file listing the units, casualties, ammo, etc. from a saved endgame. A matching function to "import forces" from this file to a new map would have us that much closer to a continuous campaign game...

I can say as one of the CMMC 2 GMs that the ability to export the forces at the end of a battle into something like an XML file and then import them into the scenario editor on any map would be an unbelievable time saver. Of course I understand the BTS view that this would take valuable developer time for something that would mostly only be used by people that were doing some sort of campaign. So I guess that reduces me to begging. Please, pretty please... ;)

Thanks,

Kevin