Looking for a scenario to play next

Here's what I've done so far. I looked at a majority of the scenarios from the CD and I went through the scenario search at CMHQ. I didn't find anything obvious so I thought I would pose the question here.

I am looking for a historical (or quasi-historical) scenario, medium length (20-30 turns), in a hilly/valley terrain (not winter) where the mission is more attacking (e.g., capturing a hill or taking out a bridge).

I know I can produce this in QB but I would rather have some historical context.

Does such a scenario exist?

A search for "review" should net you some reviews of scenarios. Off the top of my head, I would sugest Veghel Town (Allied Attacker) or Scinjel (spelling???) Road (Axis Attacker). ...Road to Marselle and Paderhorn (both in the combathq scenario section, not the scenario depot) are also excellent.

--Chris

Another suggestion is to play L'Elle river crossing as the US attacker. It is an all infantry action scenario with about two companies worth of troops, medium size. There is a river, bridge, woods, hills and lots of attacking. Moon did a great job with this one and you (as the US) will need your wits about you to reach your objectives.

Guest Rommel22

You can try one of my scnerios, where as the Americans you have to capture an airfield or a trainyard. I got very good reviews on those two.

They are called

"Trainyard"

"Airfield"

try those.

------------------

From the Das Reich book as said by a German soldier

"when the Russians reached us, we opened fire, the first wave had no weapons.

The second wave didn't either (fire fodder). The 3rd and 4th had weapons and opened fire on us.

By this time we were low on ammo, but we drove them back."

"These Hills are Alive" Huertgen Forsest.. "Attack on German Winter Line" Rain and Mud in both...no snow...Based on tatctics used at that time. November 44'

------------------

"Victory smiles upon those who anticipate the changes in the character of war, not upon those who wait to adapt themselves after they occur."

General Guilio Douhet

Both Wiltz and Son are scenarios that fit the description of what you are looking for. These qualify except that they are a little smaller than medium.

Also keep a watchful eye for "The Wrong Hill" which may be just your cup of tea (or coffee, your choice biggrin.gif)

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Why don't you try "3 bridges" which I posted to the scenario depot this week. I wouldn't mind getting some feedback on this one.

"3 bridges" is fictional, but it is inspired from by reading non-fictional accounts of GI company attacks (most recently Company Commander).

More importantly, I designed it to give both attacker and defender several completely different options for set up and strategy.

By the way, QB's won't generate maps with rivers and bridges. Try this one - it has 3 river crossings along deep river valley.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Horrido:

I am currently playing two of your scenarios and am very pleaseed so far. Station and La Gleize. I am around two turns in to Station and just started La Glezie. Both are being played via PBEM.

Horrido

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for trying out..hope you enjoy...please let me know outcome as Stoumont Station was not yet PBEM tested

------------------

http://users.pandora.be/aneric/index8.htm#Projects

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

Hill 505. And take any of these scenarios, and make them harder by adding diffrent stuff. I have turned so many battles into giant slugfests that tax my computer to the limit.