Any finnish front scenarios/campaigns on the way?

I am making the battle: The Last Day of Viipuri (Vyborg), 20.6.1944.

Historical, huge size, maybe two versions. One is detailed historical reconstruction of situation with all the problems and mistakes taken in Finnish side. Second is "What If Scenario" from same situation without those problems.

Now i am making map from the 1:20000 topografical map. Still have to do about 1,2 km more in north and all the damages from the earlier battles.

Scenario constructing will began maybe after first patch. ;)

I have moderated my megalomaniac plans a little, and my first scenario will be "Siiranmäki 14.6.1944", where 2nd and parts of the 3rd Company of JR7 (Ehrnrooth) try to repulse breakthrough attempts of Soviet 281st Division. Map (1km^2) half made.

Sorry for bad information. Its huge map. You can find it in map section under CMBB.

This is a clean vesion of Viipuri City to used for example in PvsP quick battles. Its huge map about 3km*3km. Its made from the historical 1:20000 maps. I have also used as sources some Finnis books. There is no damages, no flags, no craters and no starting zones. So modifide it to your own needs. I am making next "damaged" version . In that version will be included damages before the last day of Viipuri 20.6.1944.

Naataoja (also available at the Scenario Depot) is fun. Unfortunately, I think anything involving infantry vs. bunkers (especially Finnish infantry, because they tend to have lots of molotovs) is a bit broken right now - infantry with molotovs but no explosives (not counting grenades) won't attack bunkers. :eek:

See this thread for details - I'm hoping Battlefront will respond soon.

Originally posted by demoss:

Naataoja (also available at the Scenario Depot) is fun. Unfortunately, I think anything involving infantry vs. bunkers (especially Finnish infantry, because they tend to have lots of molotovs) is a bit broken right now - infantry with molotovs but no explosives (not counting grenades) won't attack bunkers. :eek:

Yes, it's a problem. I put there few sissi squads with satchel charges. You could also fire on vision slits with AT-rifles and AT-guns.

The bunkers were hard to destroy in real life too. When the Näätäoja line eventually broke it took hours to clear all russian dugouts.

I have made two Winter War scenarios:

Making Motti

Breaking Motti

Both are 30+ turns long and best played as Finland against AI. They should be available at The Scenario Depot soon.

During the Winter War Soviet Union made several attacks into forested wilderness of central Finland. Usually a whole motorized division advanced along a single narrow road through endless forests. When the division was stopped at Finnish roadblock, there was no space for flanking manoeuvre. There was no other possibilty but to stop the whole column and wait until the roadblock was cleared.

The Finns did move light ski troops through forest to the enemy flanks and made local attacks to cut the long Russian column into small isolated pieces called "motti". This fictional scenario describes such operation.

Sesam, I'm sure the bunkers were hard to destroy - it's a real pain trying to maneuver around one, only to find that there's ANOTHER covering its rear! They're certainly laid out well in general. But once the infantry is right on top of it - ANY infantry - they should be able to do the job if they aren't taking fire from somewhere else.

So far I've only found one that was easy (well, should have been, if not for the fact that a whole platoon with molotovs wouldn't touch it) to attack in close combat. And even it could have been a problem if I hadn't already identified the bunker partially covering it.

The Sissi squads are nice, but it's basically taken a full battle to clear Naataoja itself - and at least half of those bunkers were taken out by guns/AT rifles (mostly the former) - so I'd say yes, it's taking hours (with two battles a day), and now that I've adjusted to having to use Platoon HQs, which usually don't have molotovs, to do it, it's not so bad (but I'm going to make darn sure that any platoon HQ with a molotov is off doing else, like keeping a maneuver element going!). And now I'm down a Sissi squad and down an AT gun - but fortunately I get to set up behind the next couple of bunker complexes.

Lots of fun, but I sure need a break after those 30+ turn battles!

Could you please send all finnish scenarios and battles to cmbbswe@dataphone.se?

I will happily host them on our Scandinavian Community site, aswell as our ftp server.

By the way, we are developing a finnish virtual campaign about the Battles in Ihantala 27th of june 1944. If you are interested to parcipitate, please sign up at our forum following link at webside below!

/vils