New forum features?

There seem to be some new features on the board. Specifically the private message feature. And the ability to show one's birthdate. Should keep those How-Old-Are-You threads at bay. ;) Very nice.

However, (this one's to Madmatt) while updating my profile I noticed in the preferences section that the last entry on the list contains no text but does have a yes/no option, which is currently set to "no." Pray tell: what feature be this?

Bugger. Hey, Madmatt, I now see a box with a fairly extensive list of 'those currently logged on'. If I double click on the 'Combat Mission x(being the number of those logged on', my screen changes and shows me an extra column after the name of the thread, and before the name of the person who began it, and that column contains a number. Very trippy.

What does it all mean, Mad Bald One?

Ah, i see, there has been an update!

On my 21" screen the forum now looks a bit strange. The column for topic name is very narrow, but the column for Topic Starter is to damn wide. This makes almost all topic names go into 2 lines, which extends the page very much.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Bugger. Hey, Madmatt, I now see a box with a fairly extensive list of 'those currently logged on'. If I double click on the 'Combat Mission x(being the number of those logged on', my screen changes and shows me an extra column after the name of the thread, and before the name of the person who began it, and that column contains a number. Very trippy.

What does it all mean, Mad Bald One?

My uninformed guess would be that this number is the number of people currently readign the thread. Of course I'm bound to be wrong