How effective are sharpshooters in CMBB vs. infantry?

I know that they're supposed to be used against TCs, but can they kill infantry effectively too? In BO I had a sharpshooter kill two members of a squad with 1 shot! :confused: Does this ever happen in BB? And are they useful suppresive units?

They're good for killing the heavier on-map mortars, since they're slow. They tend to abandon the mortar tube after taking a shot (not necessarily a casualty) or two. Also great for killing arty spotters.

I think redwolf is saying that they put HMG's "out of the game" in CMBB in particular b/c when they rout (common) while under sharpshooter fire, they will get Exhausted and thus useless for probably 10 turns+.

Sharpshooters dont' like to fire at targets under maybe 200m or so, b/c it puts them in danger of being spotted and taking return fire.

I've never had a ss take out an enemy tank, though the enemy's ss's have taken out mine. Still, I've been buying at least a few for every QB once I found them effective against BigGuns, MGs which otherwise just aren't going down...

Very satisfying to take out a huge ATG with a pipsqueak ss, of course. smile.gif

I've tried them a couple times against pillboxes, and so far I haven't witnessed success, but the theory seems good.

Eden

I forgot: artillery spotters without radio are perfect targets as well, especially but not only when they move into desired LOS. They begin to sneak on minimal fire and you can forget about them getting in useful LOS anytime within the next 15 turns.

[ December 07, 2002, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]