Tanks in command and control?

Originally posted by roodboy:

In the preview scenarios the tanks had a platoon leader but in the various qb's I have played to date I have only seen independent tanks like in CMBO. Is there an option I need to turn on and if so how? Thanks.

==================================================

No. In the boxed scenarios and operations you will find tank squads. In QB's you can purchase these squads. smile.gif

KC

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Why would anyone want to buy armor that has the command restrictions? Are the AFVs cheaper when purchased that way? (I've never done a buy-your-own QB)

Treeburst155 out.

Yes, I believe it is cheaper to buy a platoon than (how ever many tanks are in a platoon) by themselves.

Why would anyone want to buy armor that has the command restrictions?

Because not only are they cheaper, 'restrictions' is the wrong word. The command bonuses really count for something in the leaders. I can't quantify stealth, combat, or morale, but the command bonus means that the command delay I have so far observed has been as little as one second.

Michael

Why would anyone want to buy armor that has the command restrictions? Are the AFVs cheaper when purchased that way? (I've never done a buy-your-own QB)

Treeburst155 out.

Yes, cheaper just like it is for buying higher levels of organization of infantry. And as Michael mentioned, the command bonuses are worth it. Assuming you get some ;) Morale (+1 & +2) and Command (+1 & +2) (the only you can get) both make your AFVs more useful.

[Edit]

And to answer roodboy's question, if you're letting the AI pick, then you can end up with platoons and/or independent AFVs. You've got no control of it.

If you're doing the purchase yourself, the toggle mentioned will allow you to buy platoon or individual.

[Edit again: Damn I must be tired...]

[ October 24, 2002, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: Cameroon ]

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Why would anyone want to buy armor that has the command restrictions?

Because not only are they cheaper, 'restrictions' is the wrong word. The command bonuses really count for something in the leaders. I can't quantify stealth, combat, or morale, but the command bonus means that the command delay I have so far observed has been as little as one second.

Michael</font>

Why would anyone want to buy armor that has the command restrictions? Are the AFVs cheaper when purchased that way? (I've never done a buy-your-own QB).

Wow, I just checked the price reduction:

bought a Plt of Reg. Hetzers in Aug 44, and the variable rarity was +30% (Infantry=div type, North region). The HQ tank was 118 pts, but the other 3 were only 98pts! :eek: Plus those nasty little bugger might get a +2 morale HQ.