56kers: Free CMMOS and Patch CD

I did this last night at like 3:00 in the morning and had a lot of fun. It gets my unemployed butt out of the house, so here it goes.

The first two 56kers to post their email address in the thread get a free CD with all of the CMMOS mods AND the new patch mailed to them.

Good Luck.

Baetis, they're responding as fast as they can, but it takes time to heat those electrons over a stove so they can jump to a higher energy state and head out over the modem smile.gif

Ah, the old 56K days... I remember the weekend I download the Steel Panthers World at War freebie from Matrix games. 312MB of gaming goodness, and 40+ hours online straight to download it.

Hope no one important wanted to call... :D

Originally posted by markgame:

Ah, the old 56K days... I remember the weekend I download the Steel Panthers World at War freebie from Matrix games. 312MB of gaming goodness, and 40+ hours online straight to download it.

Hope no one important wanted to call... :D

I downloaded that monster on my 56k modem and got a corrupted zip file when I tried to install it...

My neighbours surely thought someone got murdered when they heard my scream...

My 56k costs $20 per month. No installation hassles or downtime. Two computers with separate modems can access the internet with no network hassles.

Slow? Yes, but who's in a rush? I start a big download and go off to do other things. Guess what, it always works.

I'm saving $40 per month and the telephone marketing idiots can't contact me when I'm always online. Not a bad deal.

I don't like slow, but I haven't seen the advantage of broadband yet for a guy who mainly comes here and downloads mods.