Men are tired too easily?

Originally posted by Quenaelin:

I have learned now, by hard way, how to move those troops, but playing this game seem to be damn dull micromanaging all the time. I would like to do this moving troops somehow easier. In CMB0 there was this one run command I could give and playing game was smooth. I didn't need to bother so much about this micromanaging, I could consentrate more in strategy and tactics.

Quenaelin, my friend

Even though I agree with you regarding *micromanagement*, it doesn't seem your going to convert many others at this time. May I suggest you do as I, stop playing CMBB til the patch arrives, then try the new commands, if your troops do not behave as you expect or would like, go back to CMBO or move on to another game, this is my plan. I recommend this for you also because you are not going to win this argument!! This is BTS's sandpile, and it will play the way they want it to, and rightfully so.

You are persistent smile.gifsmile.gif

Rgds,

KC

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Brian Rock:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gibsonm:

So the Staff Table data are almost spot on!

Hey, Mark! Glad you could join us.

I meant to post the Staff Tables today. Considering I got them from you, would you care to post them here?</font>

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Eden Smallwood:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael emrys:

In that case, what's to stop you giving it a Hunt command? It will ignore the routed crew but stop if it spots something that could do it serious harm.

Hunt moves at half the speed.</font>

Originally posted by Eden Smallwood:

The points which remain unanswered still are A) it is not possible to distinguish between an NTS- a Non-Threatening Sighting, (a vastly distant Routed Crew who's ankle I can just barely see), and a threat which the unit *cannot avoid* within reason, and B) it is not possible to expend less energy in arriving at point B while under an NTS than while under an immediate danger.

I don't want to wear a hole in your eardrum by arguing, but I do think this is not entirely true as stated. If the promised patch using a combo of MtC+CA works as advertised, that will be a way to sort out at least some of the real threats from the not-so-real threats. If you give your CA a radius of, say, 200 meters, you will be protected from anything within it and will ignore anything not shooting HE outside that arc. Not perfect. Not everything you are looking for. There are easily imaginable exceptions, but it should cover the large majority of cases actually encountered.

I for one have not been able to devise anything to suggest that would be workable and easily programmed within the present code. I leave that to the better informed.

Michael

Originally posted by Andreas:

Command Post 121st Rifle Regiment, outside Kalinin...

That was absolutely hysterical. :D

Getting back to the issue, I think the idea of waiting for the patch and re-convening is good advice. Even so, I am grateful for this thread for the lively discussion, and because it's given me a chance to test and refine my infantry tactics.