Are you able to run CMBB on Dual ghz proceesor Mac with 10.2?

I'm asking this because I can't. I've booted to OS 9.2.2, installed CMBB, and i can run the first part of the game, selecting one player, etc, but when I load images, its a a Badly defined, LSD trip. totally unplayable.

So I'm wondering if you have a similar computer/OS 10.2, and have no problems with it, or if you have any answers to the problem.

i've tried just using the extensions i need, but still no luck.

Thanks!

Reboot into OS 9.2.2, hold the shift key down to enact the Extensions Manager and turn off the Classic Rave extension. Continue the boot up process. CMBO and CMBB will work.

When you reboot into OSX and if you start up Classic it will tell you that required system resources are missing, will be restored and it will then continue the Classic boot process.

CMBO and CMBB will not run under OSX due to the revision level of Rave used in Classic. This is an issue that Apple has not seen fit to fix. The CM engine was written using certain calls in Rave that are not available or enabled in Classic Rave. Now that our friend Steve (Jobs) has seen fit to croak OS9, we will not likely see substantive updates to Classic 9 to get it to behave better. The MSW version of CM uses DirectX calls making it relatively immune to changes in MS OS versions.

BFC has indicated that the next CM engine will use OpenGL for the Mac version hopefully bypassing these sorts of issues in the future.

Originally posted by Renaud:

OpenGL...good idea. Makes me wonder why they don't just standardize on OpenGL for both PC and Mac. Wouldn't using just one API simplify supporting both platforms? I think all the good PC vid cards support OpenGL now, don't they?

OpenGL is a viable cross-platform option now, but when the graphics core of CM was written OpenGL was not so viable and Apple was declaring that RAVE was not dead. So we started down the road into the present quandry.

WWB

So whats this we stuff?

Actually my worry now is with MS having much of the intellectual property that forms the basis of (parts of ) OpenGL and they could make it not so cross platform.

Yes, at the time Apple was saying that Rave was the API for the future. Of course this was when Copland was still the apple of Apple's eye. Apple turned its back on much of the gaming community and when Jobs came back it got worse. Notice the lack of something like game sprockets in OSX or other elements that make things easier for game companies to interface things to a Mac. In the case of CM they were too far down the line to make the change to OpenGL when it became clear that it would be road taken.

I've heard about the Classic rave problem. While i haven't trashed the extension, I have made an extensions set with Classic Rave turned off. still no difference. all this booted, of course in 9.2.2 I already know CMBB won't work in X or Classic.

The Answer continures to elude me. by the way, this dual ghz machine runs an ATI 9000 pro 64 MB video card.

spike-o