To all the Grogs I've loved before...

I have a special Grog treat. Well, I think it's special anyway, hopefully you'll enjoy it as well.

I've mentioned a few times that my wife's grandfather was in the 10th Armored Division (many of you saw the flag) and that at the end of the war he compiled his "memoirs" from the Division's morning reports and added many personal recollections. I've had that document for some time and have now - finally - gotten it scanned and posted to the web. I consider it a great primary source of history.

Any who are interested please check it out. I find it to be a remarkable story and am currently doing research into a couple of different ways in which to beef it up and publish it. But for the time being, and to help hold us over until CMBB, I submit this for your reading pleasure. I would love to hear any comments anyone has.

Catch it here.

These vet stories and recollections are a highly valued piece of history. Their generation's time is slipping by and all we will eventually have left is what they have told us and what they have written down. So each of these recollections are the eye witness accounts that can be passed on to our safe keeping for history sake. Good job Croda.

Thanks for all the nice responses. I had hoped that this could be my way of "giving back" to the community (other than my witty reparté, of course).

Tanks dogs, Stuka? None of them, but there are tanks. One of my favorite snippets:

From March 24th, 1945 Edenkoben, Germany...On our march we saw the biggest tanks any of us had ever seen. There were two of them, one of them had sixteen direct hits from our seventy six's and it didn't knock either of them out. The only reason we captured them, because they ran out of gas...
King Tigers in action, anyone?