Install problem

Originally posted by Panzerman:

Did you check to see if you have the PC version? I know when I first got CM I put it in without looking only to find that they sent the wrong version. (Thanks to the great people at sales I have the right version now smile.gif )

The disk has printed on it "WINDOWS CD-ROM".

I can see the directory ( guess I would not be able on a MAC version).

I have tried to copy the *.exe file but the same thing happends, it just spinds the CD. :confused:

FWIW, my cd would just spin and eventually lock up the computer when I tried to install using my normal 52x CD-ROM. Tried copying it, etc. Finally stuck it in what was my CD-RW at the time (since upgraded to DVD-RW) and it installed fine. Burned a backup copy for safekeeping.

IIRC, CMBB had a series of bad presses - perhaps CMAK has as well. I know of a couple of people that had problems running the cd.

Originally posted by GJK:

FWIW, my cd would just spin and eventually lock up the computer when I tried to install using my normal 52x CD-ROM. Tried copying it, etc. Finally stuck it in what was my CD-RW at the time (since upgraded to DVD-RW) and it installed fine. Burned a backup copy for safekeeping.

IIRC, CMBB had a series of bad presses - perhaps CMAK has as well. I know of a couple of people that had problems running the cd.

I have tried it in doth my drives (the DVD-RW and the regular 40x CD-ROM).

I can try it in my daughters computer tonight? ;)

Make sure if you have any anti-virus software to turn it off before you runt he install. Sometimes it tries to read the cd and check the file, which is one massive file. If you don't want to turn it off, then let it spin, it may take a few hours.

Rune

Actually, on some CD and DVD drives (Most notable on Dell Computers) it can take upwards of 10 minutes if not more for the drive to finish scanning the disc that first time. Just be patient, let the drive grind away for awhile and then it should be fine. It will look like your system is frozen, but its not, just sit back and it will eventually stop and begin the installation.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Actually, on some CD and DVD drives (Most notable on Dell Computers) it can take upwards of 10 minutes if not more for the drive to finish scanning the disc that first time. Just be patient, let the drive grind away for awhile and then it should be fine. It will look like your system is frozen, but its not, just sit back and it will eventually stop and begin the installation.

Madmatt

I have a SONY VAIO.

I will try it now while eating dinner (10pm).

Will let you know and thanks. smile.gif