Juju does it again: City Roads and Pavement, anyone?

Juju

I could dirty them up, but I thought they we're fine the way they were. The problem with skewed stones and stuff is that it results in very ugly repetetiveness in the game. Take the road for instance, I've had to replace hundreds of individual stones with dozens of individual other ones, in an attempt to obscure the obvious pattern.
What about just a bit of dust - they just look so damned clean!

Fantastic work, however, I'm downloading them as I type!

Originally posted by GJK:

IIRC, I think you went to an earlier version of Stuffit and then the archives worked.

By god I think you're right! Good call, Gary.

The hell of it is that I can't find that earlier version of StuffIt on my hard drive anywhere. I even looked in the trash.

:(

I guess I'll have to chase down a copy somewhere and be more careful where I put it next time.

Michael

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Either Juju has outgrown the need for playtesters, or he dosen't love me anymore. :(;)tongue.gif

Sure I still love ya, buddy. This was an 'over the weekend' job. Don't worry, next major project (as soon as I think of one. Paved roads, fire, something like that) you're in. smile.gif

Wonderful mod, Juju, just like all your others that I have for CMBO!

Now I'm a little confused by the prior messages about texture depth and CMBB between you and Kwazydog. Are you going to release a smaller download that gives us the hi-res without the super hi-res that kills a system? I want to get whatever works best, but I don't want to kill my system for pavement.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Lawyer:

Now I'm a little confused by the prior messages about texture depth and CMBB between you and Kwazydog. Are you going to release a smaller download that gives us the hi-res without the super hi-res that kills a system? I want to get whatever works best, but I don't want to kill my system for pavement.

Thanks Lawyer. Whatever works best depends on your video card and the size of the map, I'd imagine. I use a Geforce3TI200/64MB card (game resolution set to 1152x864) and have no problems. When I enable FSAAx4 and texture sharpening performance drops a little, though.

I had thought about releasing another, smaller version, but I found that a bit superfluous.

The easiest thing for you to do is just test them out. If they are too taxing you can reduce the resolution yourself with any basic graphics program. If you do not know how to do that, let me know (by email preferably) and I'll make you a hi-res version myself. How does that sound? smile.gif

I put the wall mod in (Thanks, Juju!) and took a look at it. I noticed that once again it appears that CM on a Mac is downsampling textures beneath the actual capabilitiy of my card. I compared what I could see on the screen when the game was running to the BMP viewed in Quicktime PictureViewer and there is a definite difference. But this is just noted in passing as an information reference. It still looks great. I'm happy.

Michael

Originally posted by Juju:

[QB

I had thought about releasing another, smaller version, but I found that a bit superfluous.

The easiest thing for you to do is just test them out. If they are too taxing you can reduce the resolution yourself with any basic graphics program. If you do not know how to do that, let me know (by email preferably) and I'll make you a hi-res version myself. How does that sound? smile.gif [/QB]

Now THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE. With a smile.gif

I will apply my immense legal skills to downloading and installing your mod, if I can get through to it. I just got a G4 4200 with 128MB RAM, so it sounds like I should be okay. I play at 1280x1024.

Many thanks, Juju.