Little more modding help....

There are so many vehicles, men and equipment in CMBB (and its predecesser) that the team wouldn't have had a chance in hell if they did every one with as much loving care and attention as you'd see in a game with just a handfull. So its up to the modders to make these babies look all nice and sparkely. If anyone could list here or just give helpful hints on how to mod with CMBB (mainly re-skinning vehicles, men and equipment, but anything else thats relevent) it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Photoshop Rocks!

About making more realistic mods, I'm reminded of what Michelangelo said when he was asked how he did such lifelike sculptures. 'I just chip away the bits that shouldn't be there!' (my own free translation.)

If you've got a texture where you think the shadows are too light, then darken the shadows! If the driver's hatch details don't look like your photo references, change the hatch details! Chip away at the vehicle detail-by-detail. When you've finally run out of thing that don't look right... you're done!

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Photoshop Rocks!

About making more realistic mods, I'm reminded of what Michelangelo said when he was asked how he did such lifelike sculptures. 'I just chip away the bits that shouldn't be there!' (my own free translation.)

If you've got a texture where you think the shadows are too light, then darken the shadows! If the driver's hatch details don't look like your photo references, change the hatch details! Chip away at the vehicle detail-by-detail. When you've finally run out of thing that don't look right... you're done!

Dito. That's what the majority of my time is put to, I sit here examining every nook & cranny to make sure it's as close to perfection as it can be.

And yes, Photoshop is a very user-friendly little tool.

[ November 05, 2002, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: AnonymousOxide ]