Multi-Turreted Tank in CMBB!!

AFVs in CM have always been able to independently target their MGs. I feel confident that the T-26 can use the same mechanism.

The catch, unless I have completely misread the situation, with multi-turreted vehicles, is with gun armed turrets. For reasons I am not familiar with, the game engine isn't able to cope with more than one of these per vehicle. Probably has something to do with tracking shells...

Michael

I had a couple of these in a preview game - IIRC the 2 MG's are independantry targetd because they have different fields of fire, but as was pointed out above, so do current tank MG's.

But perhaps MadMatt or Kwazy can give us a definitive answer?

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

AFVs in CM have always been able to independently target their MGs. I feel confident that the T-26 can use the same mechanism.

The catch, unless I have completely misread the situation, with multi-turreted vehicles, is with gun armed turrets. For reasons I am not familiar with, the game engine isn't able to cope with more than one of these per vehicle. Probably has something to do with tracking shells...

Michael

Luckily, the 75mm of the Maus is mounted co-axially with the main armament....

In game the turrets will not target independently. They rotate and target together; and I believe that they'll use up similar amounts of ammo at the same time (i.e. - both guns will shoot every time). I'm not sure if there are slightly offset fields of fire for each of the turrets.

The inclusion of the T26-M31 does not mean that you'll be seeing other multi-turreted tanks in CMBB. In fact none of the patches should be providing vehicles that are not already in the game. The only thing they should be doing is replacing 'stand-in' 3D models and textures for vehicles already in the game.

The code is set to track the hull position and the turret position. This allows the bow machinegun to target separately from the turret-mounted armament (coax and main gun). However the engine/code doesn't support tracking the movement of a second turret. A second 'main armament' probably complicates this further and may prevent the M3 Lee/Grant tanks from being modelled (two sets of fire calcs for non-MG armament on a vehicle may not be supported).