AAR...I miss 'em

Hi all. This is my first post. Anyway(s), down to business, I'm just curious as to what happened to all the AAR or PBEM games that people would post of their past games. It seems like they was more popular with CMBO, but now that CMBB has been out for a while I haven't seen any of them.

I really liked the Fion Kelly games that were on CM HQ. Is there any chance we'll see more of these in the future? Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place...

Actually, there have been a number of AARs. Mostly I think there's more gameplaying and less writing going on ;)

In any case, I've been trying to keep a list of AARs. If people send me URLs or I spot one in the forum, I update the list. See the link below for the list. Yeah, it looks like crap right now, but it's just a list. If I get motivated maybe I'll improve its look ;)

CMBB AARs

Thanks for the list.

I guess, more specifially, what I was looking for was the actual PBEM files with the supplied password to view them. So that you could watch the battle play out on both sides.

I always feel like I learn alot from watching other people play.

Know where I can find these for CMBB?

I haven't come across any such for CMBB yet. The closest were the "live" quick battles, those have the autosaves. All you can see is the battlefield, though. You might want to check the AAR site that's in that list, it might have some.

If I'm sent any or see any, the fact that there are "movie files" will be noted.

Originally posted by FreeKitten:

I really liked the Fionn Kelly games that were on CM HQ. Is there any chance we'll see more of these in the future? Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place...

Doubt you'll see anymore from Fionn, the last time he put one up, he caught a lot of **** from people for no real reason and then decided not to make anymore public because of that.

A shame really, good aars ruined by a few assholes.

Originally posted by Jazza:

I Doubt you'll see anymore from Fionn, the last time he put one up, he caught a lot of **** from people for no real reason and then decided not to make anymore public because of that.

A shame really, good aars ruined by a few assholes.

Yup, I always enjoyed Fionn's AARs. He obviously put a lot of work into them and were IMO both informative and entertaining. Unfortunately some guys felt obliged to bring their personal gripes with him into the last thread.

Fionn surely isn't a saint or a very easy character but I never quite understood the hostility of some towards him.

I miss him and his contributions to CM.

And I'm looking forward to some new AARs. Hell, I could even try one myself! Hmm... Got to think about that...

I don't intend to contribute any AARs, Balancing Rules etc to this community in the future. It does, unfortunately, seem that all such contributions to this community have unwarranted sequelae.

I would of course privately support anyone who munificently wanted to put in all that time and effort.

[ October 28, 2002, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Fionn ]