Matrox G400 Users

I would like to know if any of you G400 users out there have been able to reslove the transperency problem with CM. I am still waiting for my pre-order (and I live in Maine!) smile.gif and I do not know if the issue was cleared in the full version or if another "fix" was found.

GhostOne or any of you others out there, could you let me know?

Nugg

It seems they solved a sort of problem with the latest WHQL Certified Matrox drivers. Whether this means that they just don't have lockups any more or if they solved the transparency issue, I don't know.

G400 Thread: http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum8/HTML/000021.html

Matrox WHQL Drivers (pick v. 5.20.013):

http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/certified_drivers/home.htm

Uh oh, Ghost, what is the transparency problem with the G400? I haven't had time to find it yet.

I'm thinking about getting a GE Force or V5 550. My only concern is picture quality with EAW and Jane's WW2F.

------------------

Res ipsa loquitur

Guest Rollstoy

With the game having arrived at home some hours ago and a G400 under the hood, this is the right message to read!

Maybe I should leave work earlier today??!!?

Thanks for the good news, Thomm

Btw.: Do explosion clouds 'fade out' or just vanish (G200!!)?

Nugg...

Which drivers did you install? I was never able to get rid of the opaque spheres when a gun fired or arty hit regardless of which G400 driver set I installed.

Lawyer....I don't know about the V5 550 but you don't have to worry about image quality with the GeForce...it is excellent.

Ghost

Guest Rollstoy

Dear G400 Users!

Everything worked fine for me from the beginning, thank God (although I had some 5.40... driver). Transparencies are working!

Now, I have one last question for the other G400 users: If you have a explosion 'shock wave' on-screen and you pause the video and then you rotate the camera around the explosion site, do you experience a flickering of the polygons, or not? Or do you experience polygon flickering anyway, not only in stills?

Because if not, I will have to install the certified drivers though transparencies work already!

Thanks for your input!

Thomm