Wow BFC THANKS from CANADA! YOU ROCK!!!

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

we had some lectures on the SF Kit (Sustained Fire) this weekend - I notice setup times for HMGs in CMBB are on the order of 1 minute. One of my sergeants told us that the setup time for a C6 on the SF Kit is 60 to 70 seconds.

Yeah, but can you run with it?

Originally posted by chrisl:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

we had some lectures on the SF Kit (Sustained Fire) this weekend - I notice setup times for HMGs in CMBB are on the order of 1 minute. One of my sergeants told us that the setup time for a C6 on the SF Kit is 60 to 70 seconds.

Yeah, but can you run with it?</font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gibsonm:

My Regt has a link to PPCLI.

Are they based near your outfit?

Which Regiment are you in, down under? We used to have ties to the Byron Scottish which I believe doesn't exist anymore.</font>

Originally posted by gibsonm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gibsonm:

My Regt has a link to PPCLI.

Are they based near your outfit?

Which Regiment are you in, down under? We used to have ties to the Byron Scottish which I believe doesn't exist anymore.</font>

Mike,

I can't resist taking a shot at a Highlander. I'm ex-reserve myself (servered in both the Newfoundland and New Brunswick Infantry regiments) and of all the names I've heard for that head-dress, Elephant Slipper was my favorite.

...as for not having to run with the c-6 tripod, then I'm assuming you've never had to do a fighting withdrawl from a defensive position. I remember humping out of positions with a ruck sack packed to the tits with ammo, a c-6 tripod straped to my chest, and a c-7 in my hand. But then again we trained hard :D so that other regiments didn't have to run with the c-6 tripod... ;) If it's big and heavy and awkard to carry, and you wear the cross rifles of the ground-pounder on your Dress-Uniform, rest assured you will have to run somewhere with it.

But damn if i don't miss it!