The answer to the CG quiz.

The questions were:

CG was a Marine?

Ok, let me ask you a couple of questions for mine and the other forum jarhead's sake:(Any Marine would know this, so don't worry)

What are your last 4?

Which Training Battalion in Parris Island is the most renowned for harsher discipline?

How can you tell a Senior from the other DI's?

What happens on thursday nights in most USMC barracks? (Fridays in some).

Who's got the most Medals of Honor? Smedley or Lewis B.?

Who's ranked higher? A Gunner or a Gunny?

What's a Pizza Box medal? What is a FireWatch ribbon?

What is a Butterbar?

What is the proper Rifle Range signal for "No rounds hit target"? What is the nickname for that?

When you are doing target duty in the rilfe range, what is it called? (Hint: "You are pulling _____")

In running cadences, who always steals you girlfriend when you are away?

What are "Black Cadillacs"?

What is "**** on a Shingle"?

What is an 03?

A score of 11 out 14 or higher is required to pass this test.

CG declined to take the test, as he was not a Marine after all, but honorary Marine Mike Dorosh did pretty well and got 7 out of 14 right and Yaphank has to be the real deal as he got 13 out of 14 including the hidden Bonus question by getting his Training Battalions Squared Away.

Well done.

Here are the answers:

-Last 4 of your Social Security Number

-3rd Battalion (Yes, but 2nd is still the best ;) )

-Black Patent Leather Belt

-Field Day (Not as fun as it sounds)

-Smedley Butler has 2, Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller has none

-A Gunner is a Warrant Officer, outranking a Gunny, which is a Gunnery Sergeant

-Pizza Box = Marksman Award, FireWatch = National Defense ribbon (Or the Warm Body award)

-Butterbar is a 2nd Lt.

-Wave the spotter disc, white side out. Wave or Maggie's Drawers are both correct

-Pulling Butts

-Jody...The bastard!

-Boots

-**** on a Shingle = Biscuits & Gravy or Chipped Beef on Toast

-An 03 is a Grunt. (0311)

Combat General, if you are not a Marine then do not claim to be one, as we tend to take such claims of membership to our cult rather seriously...Go "join" the other 3 services in your imagination, it's safer.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Gyrene

Thanks!

the editorial comment at the end does indeed indicate Jarheads have a sense of humour smile.gif

Bill Murray:

"I don't think you would think it was funny sir"

Sgt Hulka:

"Try me, I gotta a Helluva sense of humour, don't I Corpal Briggs?!! " :D

-tom w

Good God! Does this mean he might not be a Harvard graduate and highly payed Attorney, either?

What about claims to being an internationally famous Dog Groomer working for the Intelligence community?

A rather stupid Forum on which to claim to be a Marine, actually, as this could be disproved pretty much within moments.

But then, he hasn't shown much in the way of intelligence, common sense, or even good manners.

Being ex-Navy from the 70s,I have a lot of respect for Marines. After all, they never lost a ship they were guarding...well..there was once, but we don't like to talk about it.

However, I would be remiss if I did not correct gyrene. SOS, or **** on a shingle, is creamed chip beef on toast only. No one ever EVER called bisquits and gravy that.

A side note, due to my time in the Navy, i have threatened my wife with instant divorce if she EVER brings a can of Spam home.

Rune