Singling Shootout

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LimShady:

Has anyone tried playing this with V1.12? Seems to me that in the US setup phase, the tanks are not padlocked, but you cannot move them from their starting positions. Some of them are pretty exposed in the initial state.

Chris<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've played it in v1.12. The real problem is not so much that they're exposed--though some of them are--it's that they're really prone to bogging in the wet conditions. If you could move them, you'd move them all onto the road, I'll bet--I would, anyway--and avoid the bogging issues you're supposed to have. I don't directly recall it, but it may be as Nedlam say--i.e. no Allied setup area at all, so you have to go with default placements.

This is a really challenging scenario, mostly due to the bogging problem while advancing blind into a city. Good luck!

Use the smoke capacity you have.

Attack from 2 sides with (roads)your armor

Let the infantry go in front of the tanks and let your tanks fire smoke along the route.

Use the spotter to smoke a large area,once you got the major part of your tanks in the

village you can win.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nedlam:

I haven't even seen the scenario yet but I'll bet dollars to donuts that they're initial placed outside of any designated allied set up area.

Just a guess.

Nedlam<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's really weird, but in the scenario (came with the CD, BTW) there are three setup zones: white, red, and blue zones. I can only move one tank in the blue zone but nothing else.

Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LimShady:

It's really weird, but in the scenario (came with the CD, BTW) there are three setup zones: white, red, and blue zones. I can only move one tank in the blue zone but nothing else.

Chris<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure about the specifics of why it was set up this particular way, but I'm sure it was designed so you couldn't move the tanks onto roads or into safer locations--it's supposed to be a struggle to approach the town.

I'll admit that the first time I tried this scenario I was so bogged and shot up after 5-6 turns that I just aborted and said to hell with it. Tried it again a week later and it turned out OK.

SPOILER< I GUESS?

Stoffel has some excellent advice on how to proceed. I'd add one thing. Take out some big buildings to improve your line of sight, as you're painfully manuevering onto the road.

[ 04-21-2001: Message edited by: CombinedArms ]