Need advice on exit scenario

I am making a late war scenario containing a few VL and a German exit zone. If, historically, all forces were desperate to leave the area portrayed-should I have all of the units "eligible for exit points". I am afraid that it will be detrimental somehow to gameplay to require all of the forces to exit the map in terms of final tally of points-but on the other hand, points be damned, I want an accurate depiction of the events.

Any one run into a similar problem?

Also-VL flags+exit scenarios-are there any known problems to look out for? I included them for the AI's benefit (it is a scenario intended for 1 player play).

Thx.

Well, for one thing I don't think the AI actually "knows" how to exit. I haven't actually experimented with it, but I've never seen the AI exit a single thing .... ever. So, if you are doing an exit scenario as a one player scenario it would be best to recommend that the player play as the exiting force. Use small flags to encourage the AI to move, but use them sparingly to discourage the player from feeling obligated to control them.