woo-hoo! starting the download!

Originally posted by JonS:

up to 37.8M, no wait - 37.9M on a 56k dial up :( Could be a while ...

Edit: just checked the time on my earlier post ... getting about 10M/hr. So about 3 hours to go. Sigh. Oh well, will give me time to finish an assignment before my real life ends I suppose ;)

Up to 38.3M now. As if you DSL freaks care ;)

It took me about 10 minutes. NO need to thank me, I wanted to be sure and get it out of the way so the rest of y'all would get a turn.....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The tension is building. At 70% now and the connection has slowed to 4 KB/s. The second can of Red Bull has been opened, and the second movement of Shostakovich's 10th (a Karajan DG recording, man does the old man burn rubber!) is getting loop play. Will soon switch over to Prokofiev's 5th, "Montagues and Capulets" from Romeo and Juliet, and the Alexsandr Nevsky Suite. ARISE YE RUSSIAN PEOPLE!!!

LOL, in just over an hour I'll be primed to scream at my men for some human waves! Can you say broken lease? ;)

[ September 01, 2002, 04:00 AM: Message edited by: Shosties4th ]

I started downloading at 8:45PM, and just finished at 7:20AM. Had a hard time keeping contact with the BFC server, and when I got up to check on things at 1:30AM I was forced to start all over again on the combatmision.com server. Lost conection to that server sometime durring the night, and just finished the download this morning. But hey, I got it!

Even with broadband, it took about 2 and a half to 3 hours to download the demo. I started at about 1330 hours on Sunday afternoon here in Hong Kong and finished the download towards 1700 hours.

At times, I felt like re-enacting the 1984 Superbowl Apple TV advert. Fortunately for my iMac, I did not have an axe at hand to carry out the threat.

In the meantime, in order to not go insane from the waiting, I reorganised the filing my colour and black & white negatives and watched a video of Meet The Parents.

The next obstacle to my enjoyment of the game was a routine appointment at my mother-in-law's for dinner. I managed to get the tutorial out of the way before setting of.

Afterward a dinner that seemed to go on forever, I managed to control myself so that my better half would not realize that the reason why I was anxious to get home sharpish was to play CMBB.

We've hounded you for over a year. I remember the first suggestions that CMBB would be released in autumn 2001! Then it was April this year and then it was 22nd June. Now you've released the game on the anniversary of the German attack on Poland.

Anyway BFC, thank you for being so patient with us.

Man, am I glad I checked in around 1930 (central) last night...and there IT was! It took about 20 minutes with my cable modem tongue.gif but I couldn't play right away because I had already agreed to watch a movie with the wife. Darn you BFC for releasing it early! ;) Now I have to wait until after the movie to play! hee hee

Game is fantastic, guys. GJ! Can't wait to plunk down my dough for the full version.

-Chris