How do co's combat bonuses get determined?

As for HQ units, do casulties affect their comand bonus? If a HQ unit has lost 3 of 4 men it can still function but does it retain all of the bonus effects it started the game with or are they diminished to reflect casualties? Perhaps the last man standing in a HQ unit is the actual CO...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Degus:

As for HQ units, do casulties affect their comand bonus?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From observation the answer is no. However HQs that lose a few men are more likely to panic, thus negating all their bonuses.

I often use reduced Company HQs as backup command posts. From this I clearly see their command abilities are not diminished whatsoever.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CombinedArms:

a) I believe the zap sign does improve accuracy--it's supposed to have that effect on infantry fire, so why not AT guns?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Infantry fire is measured in firepower, not in accuracy. The "zap" bonus increases the firepower of the infantry squads and MGs which are in C&C. I don't believe anyone has ever been able to determine whether the "zap" bonus also affects accuracy or not, although someone showed that the displayed "to-hit" percentage of an AT gun doesn't change.