Help for the new guy

I have recently purchased CMBO and already my personal life is in shambles. I think it was Butthead who once said "THIS is the coolest thing I've ever seen"

Anyway, my question is: I've been hitting all the great CMBO enthusiast sites out there and have begun to salivate at the thought of using some of the "mods" you guys have created. Problem is, I am somewhat computer challenged and would have no idea what to do with the mods that I download. Could somebody lend this little brother a hand without using too many acronyms? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Combat Mission world, soldier! Be prepared to abandon all your other hobbies! :D

OK. The easiest manner to use the mods is (if you are using a PC, not a Mac):

1.- Unzip the files (use Winzip.exe to do that)

2.- Copy the *****.bmp obtained files to your c:/CombatMission/Bmp directory

3.- Starts CMBO

Don't forget to do a safeguard copy of your BMP directory. If you install a mod and then you see the previous mod was better, simply restore the previous BMP folder.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

;)

First, welcome! (where's that CMBorg?)

Second, you may want to read a couple the intro article over at Madmatt's CMHQ concerning installation of the mods. There is some particular order that you need to install some of the terrain mods if you are going to do a complete overhaul (its really something simple though, like grass first, then walls, then buildings, or something like that). But yes, it is very simple.

Again, welcome aboard - - this IS the ultimate computer wargame.