New soviet ammo type?

It is.. very dangerous heh smile.gif

Cannister ammo, pray that none of your squads ever gets caught in the line of fire of that round, i lost whole squads/teams, multiple squads, standing in a line next to eachother. I was not very pleased..

But anyway, basically it's a shotgun shell for a tank, with lots of little pellets that rip soldiers apart..

Wouldn't want to see the effect in real life..

Regards,

Gryphon

Look under new features in the CMBB area and they have a list of new ammo codes changes

HE - High Explosive

AP - Armor Piercing

HC - Hollow Charge (HEAT)

T - Tungsten

C - Canister (anti-personnel)

S - Smoke

F - Flame

What you saw was the T34 firing a canister round against infantry.

[ September 01, 2002, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: Kestrl ]

Guest Panzer Boxb

From the picture it looks more like the T-34 is firing the canister in hopes of hitting that elusive German stealth fighter-bomber that is unlocked in the demo by typing in...oh...wait...nevermind.

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

I can't beleive they modded that! Woohoo!!

Did the U.K and the U.S use the cannister round as well?

I know of at least one: The US 37mm ATG had a canister round. Not modeled in CMBO. It was certainly used in the ETO, but the extent to which it was used in Europe is subject to debate.

I believe the 75mm gun on the Sherman had a cannister round that never saw much service.

As for the cannister round for the 37mm on the Stuart, it can be described as ineffective, and not widely used. The explosive power of the HE round of the 37mm was described by a Stuart gunner of being no better than a standard hand grenade, and with none of the shrapnel effects.

He then went on to describe how his tank found a few soldats hunkered down behind a hedge row after being flanked by this Stuart. The gunner stated he fired 3 rounds of cannister at these men (3, grouped closely if I recall) from "close range." (its been too long to give a number)

Short story shorter, the Germans surrendered from being scared by the bombardment, but did not recieve a scratch.

Originally posted by Kilgore:

First there were the mine dogs, then came the killer bees........ smile.gif

I just wonder if you're referring to my secret Allied weapon of war, the infamous slide-mine laying scout puppy Leffe? (Seen in tournament For King and Country aka. Two steps of death.) Only 12 weeks old and just gaining more and more experience, so beware! ;)

Yes, this was off-topic, I'll go and whip myself - but not until I've read the whole forum through tongue.gif

/kuma

Originally posted by Kestrl:

Look under new features in the CMBB area and they have a list of new ammo codes changes

HE - High Explosive

AP - Armor Piercing

HC - Hollow Charge (HEAT)

T - Tungsten

C - Canister (anti-personnel)

S - Smoke

F - Flame

What you saw was the T34 firing a canister round against infantry.

I'd be very interested to know what evidence there is for Soviet use of canister in WW2. I do not recall ever hearing of such a thing, and it doesn't get a mention in the places I'd expect to see it (TM-30-430, Zaloga & Grandsen's "Soviet tanks and fighting vehicles", Zaloga & Ness' "Red Army Handbook", usque ad nauseam). They did, on the other hand, keep shrapnel in service long after it had become unfashionable with other countries, and that's what I assumed the new mystery nature to be when I first saw it.

So, is this "canister" really shrapnel?

All the best,

John.