Sherbrooke Fulsiliers AAR *spoiler*

Well, this was quite a fight. This senario really puts your computer to the test and the human player if playing blind for the first time.. I had some turns which took 5 minutes to process.

I don't even know how to explain the horror of this battle. I guess the AAR will speak for itself. Allied artillery was devastating, and destroyed at lest 4 tanks, 10-12 halftranks, and numberous infantry. I'll always remember the 20 vehicles strew along that road of death. It delayed the Axis advace down the far left road long enough to allow the re-informents to arrive. Unfortunatley I lost 4 tanks in the first turn after there arrival. But, they pulled it off, and turned the tide. I lost an entire company down to the last man. Another eith 90% casualties, and the last with about 60%. It was a bloodbath. I've never seen so many KO'd vechicles. I also learned to respect the Churchill. Great tank, just a bit undergunned.

Axis

623(123 KIA)

75 Vehicles KO'd (1 left operation at the end)

196 OK

Utter Shock at being alive after this assualt.

Allied

503 (146 KIA)

28 Vechicles KO'd, 4 Immobile, 1

operational.

7 mortars KO'd

192 OK

Severe Survivors Guilt/PTSD

It is appropriate to note that the last turn ended with the last remaining stug, facing down my last fully operational Churchill.

Too bad about those Canadians fellers. Only 190 pulled through (and that is counting all the crews running around screaming).

DAMN that was fun! smile.gif

Out

Phandaal.

Spoiler---

I went to this scenario first. Phandaal is right, absolutely unbelievable! I had no idea there was going to be this much going on in one battle. Turns took about 90 seconds to process, although the one where the SS infantry and about 10 halftracks charged down the road through the massive artillary bombardment took over 2 minutes on my G4 450.

The AI clobbered me with an overwhelming onslaught. I could play this one scenario and be happy for a long time. Even if my namesake, Cpl. Denette (thanks Fionn & BTS) keeps getting waxed.

My first scenario out of the box. I was overwhelmed with positioning the defender, so let the game ride for 4 turns. Sat back and snickered as the german vehicles rumbled into view for freaking ever. Yikes.

The road of death. I set my 4.5" spotter right in front of the road, hidden very well by a tree, and he blew the crap out of everything-- just marched the shots up the road.

Snickered some more when the reinforcements showed up. I couldn't stand it and went to bed. This scenario is sick. I hate it for the hours of sleep it will rob me of.

I played this Saturday night...

intense to say the least. I managed a minor victory or tactical one...

left the default defense except for moving some units on the right flank.

but Lordy, that darn half-track rush by the SS on the right flank..I just about pooped in mah drawers when that rolled down....

good thing I had some reinforcements a turn or two after they started down...but was still nasty...hand to hand and close range (except for some **&^^%$ Tiger tanks)

man....whoever designed that one deserves a bonus...

------------------

this is pathfinder's evil twin