I'm bitterly disappointed, or, Roster Revisited

ianc

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Offwhite:

I really like the idea of different unit base shapes. Also, for others who may not know, I just discovered the doodad-density hotkey (shift-N) last night. Makes it a lot easier to see the Sovs in the brush!

But check out a platoon HQ in a foxhole...you can't see his base at all!

Bailed out crews near their vehicles, unit in proximity to one another - all make the bases hard to see and different shaped then become irrelevant - don't they?</font>

BFC, BTS

Can understand your time limits !

For the future wouldn't it be nice to integrate a small API-set into the next version to allow the community (All the Modders) to enhance the games playability in differnt directions like say Rosters, OOB's, force selection, dynamic map creation -> support for big campaigns Projects already forming ?

Only API's to read out some parts of the database, and to edit very specific points (force selection and map creation). I suppose you have some kind of DB or lists in your game at runtime which could easily be read by some linked Dll's.

So you could concentrate on the essentials, while we the crowd could tweak the surroundings and interface. You wouldn't loose a single dollar on the contrary !

:rolleyes:

Greets

Daniel

Read the briefing. It clearly says that the Russian FO is over on the right side of the map. I generally can't find anything in my life (ask my wife), but I was able to find that FO about 3 seconds after the screen loaded because of the info given in the briefing
And I clearly said that was because Steve was kind enough to supply it. How about user made scenarios where this isn't done?

Ah, what's the use anyway? Later,

ianc

In the Beta before the uniforms were finished the Russian troops ran around in bright blue and red placeholder graphics. Made them VERY easy to spot on the board, and it was actually pretty quick before we got used to it that way! What were these guys thinking dressing their troops in earth-tones?!!! :D

[ September 06, 2002, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]