Time is short for Mac OS9

Just to clarify: I'm definitely not suggesting that BFC delay the release of CMBB to make it OSX compatible. I'd just like them to take a long look at making it compatible after the release.

Hell, I know better than to ask them to wait...I wouldn't want an angry horde of gamers descending on my doorstep with blood on their minds! ;)

Here is a Poll I started back in April on CombatOpinion

I think it is relevant now

As a Mac user would you use an OSX version of CM:BB

Yes, OSX and CM:BB are the perfect combination

No, I still use OS9 (or earlier) and dont need it

I'm a Windows user I get CM:BB anyway

Please show your opinion in the OSX Poll

keep the poll going by keeping this thread alive

[ July 30, 2002, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: jeffsmith ]

Originally posted by Captain_Blue:

If Apple stops shipping OS9 before Quark Express for OS X is released, they will alienate the largest group of mac users - graphic designers!

I'm actually losing patience with Quark. They just released Quark 5 a few months back and they have given no hints as to when they will be OS X compatible. Quark and CM are the only two remaining applications that have kept me using OS 9.

I'm perfectly willing to do whatever it takes to play CM, but I may switch to Adobe's InDesign if Quark doesn't get their act together.

QuarkXPress 6.0 in January ???

OMG that's unbelievable!!! I thought they'd charge, but that's a new low for any company!!

Version 5 passport finnish translation probably wont be finished before Q6 comes out!?!

It's a 3000 euro program and they think they can start charging every year??

I believe that qualifies as a suicide...