Pushing wrecked vehicles ?

Is there a good way to push wrecked or immobilised vehicles ?

I've tried it a few times but the pushing vehicle generally plots its own movement around the wreck. There have already been several situations where a vital road was blocked by wreckage or a useful vehicle was imobilised in a poor position.Any advice would be useful.

Originally posted by flamingknives:

You need something of at least comparable size. (a halftrack can't push a Tiger about)

Although some of it doesn't make any sense. I tried to push a Sherman once with two Ram Kangaroos (which I thought would do fine due to the higher power/weight ratio) but evidently 'roos are lumped in with HT's when it comes to pushing tanks.

You can't actually order vehicles to push other vehicles. They will do so automatically only if the wreck is in their way. Roads and bridges are fairly wide, so unless you have a bunch in one area or a wreck in the middle of the bridge, most of the time vehicles will go around them. If you have unit scale set to realistic you can see how much room there is. When the vehicles do push, it will only be enough to make room.

As for pushing immobilized vehicles, I don't think that works. You definitely would not be able to do so over a distance (i.e. to put the immobilized vehicle into a good firing position). I think active vehicles (as opposed to wrecks) can't be pushed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I have had, on more than one occasion, "traffic accidents" where, say, in congestion a light vehicle, out of view of the enemy, is suddenly abandoned because of getting hit by a friendly vehicle.

Originally posted by Maj. Battaglia:

As for pushing immobilized vehicles, I don't think that works. You definitely would not be able to do so over a distance (i.e. to put the immobilized vehicle into a good firing position). I think active vehicles (as opposed to wrecks) can't be pushed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually I believe you can, there was a post about this very thing (pushing vehicles) awhile ago on the main CM forum (I think it was there). Something about someone being surprised and all but it working. Anyway, that's about all I can remember.

Just a small point of order you can push Immobile tanks into a good firing position.

I have done this and it is best done by reducing your vehicle size to realistic and then plotting the move directly behind and into the vehicle.

The vehicle being pushed will sheer left or right and will move forward.

If you do multiple small pushes in a turn it will move forward.

It would take a long time to cover any distance. However it can get the vehicle just over a crest line so it can bring its gun to bear.

The reality of doing such a thing is dubious but there might be cases IRL where it has been done.

Mind you it has been allowed in the game and hence it can be done. You must use something of a similar size and weight.

H