Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

I need some suggestions

I am presently in negotiation with some people in St.Petersburg WRT getting access to Russian topographical maps, either in paper or electronic formats.

What I need to know is, which battles/engagements would be of most interest to people who play CM?

Moreover, what sort of prices would you be willing to pay for these maps, if I can get access to them?

Hi ! I would be interested in maps of the Rzhev salient (Soviet Operation "Mars" in November/December 1942). Best would be 1:50'000 or 1:25'000. The problem will be to see how the terrain looked like 50 years ago...

I heard that there is also a possibility to get access to original German Wehrmacht maps through the Bundesarchiv in Koblenz (Germany). Does anybody know something about this ?

Hmmm 1:500 000 isn't too helpful for us CM designers but there are some great maps on there for general interest and context.

Brian, I still have your email in my inbox; never did get a change to scan that XANTEN map we had talked about. It's proving more than my little scanner can handle.

I'd be interested in any maps of terrain over which the GD Regiment/Division fought from 1941-45.

I am looking for info on the village of Butovo and the village of Gertsevka, these were in the area of the Kursk Offensive in 1943; I'm afraid I can't be more specific than that.

Looking also for maps of Tula, southwest of Moscow.

Also Wilkowischken (Wolfsburg) - formerly in East Prussia but now probably in Poland.

We will also need your email address - it is not located in your profile.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Brian:

Apologies. Fixed. You can now find my email address (which you already have, anyway, Michael).

Send your suggestions!<hr></blockquote>

I have five different people named "Brian" in my Combat Mission folder in Outlook Express; really had no idea which one is you to tell the truth!