Cmmos bug/error etc

I'ts not a bug. Here's how I got it to work:

1. Locate your CMBB-folder

2. Copy the file Combat Mission 2

3. Paste the file to the same folder as the original

4. Rename the copy to "Barbarossa to Berlin.exe"

5. When CMMOS asks you to locate your CMBB.exe file, select the copy (Barbarossa to Berlin.exe) and click OK

6. Now try adding the rulesets

Hope this help's (and that you can understand me ;) )

Paddington,

Sorry, I just saw this thread.

You can e-mail me (gordonemolek@poboxes.com) a description of the problem your having (please be as specific about the actions that you are taking as possible), a copy of the file CMMOSLog.txt from you CMMOS install folder and we'll get you squared away.

You can also look at User_Readme.rtf (also in your CMMOS install folder) which has pretty detailed instruction on how to use CMMOS.

Gordon

Let me know the answer when you get it, I have the same problem, I am able to add the the rule-sets but my mods screen is blank, I try to point to the zip files from the mods screen and nothing happens. Sorry but I can make much out of the readme. Oh also I can see the mods I want on the main screen but they are crossed off like it can't find the zip file on the mod screen (which it can't because it won't let me point to it?) Very frustrating :(

Gordon,

i have a prob, too.

I can add rulesets and also MODs and the preview works, too, but the symbols in the main screen stay disabled. The only symbols working are the backup/restore symbols.

I also see only very few symbols, i.e. only one for the german whitewashed vehicles (and it is disabled), although i added all zips available on CMHQ.

After a fresh install and only adding the Whitewashed-Mod, the log-file shows this:

CM Mod Option Selector Version 4.00

CMMOS install folder is f:\cmbb\CM Mod Option Selector\

Processing "f:\cmbb\CM Mod Option Selector\CMBB\RuleSet150\Info.txt"

CMMOS version: 4.00

Creating buttons for "Winterfahrzeuge, dunkelgrau"

Processing "Rule150-000.txt"

Processing "Rule150-001.txt"

WARNING: Key file "53470.txt" has an invalid extension

WARNING: Key file "57240_ww.txt" has an invalid extension

Revert to summer BMPs pressed.

ERROR: Whitewashed_German_Grey_ACs_CMMOS_hr.zip is not a CMMOS mod.

ERROR: Whitewashed_German_Grey_ACs_CMMOS_hr.zip is not a CMMOS mod.

[ November 22, 2002, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Schoerner ]

I located the problem:

i copied the zipped mod-archives into CMMOS MOD-folder and after pressing ADD MOD in CMMOS the zip-archive had a size of 0 byte.

I also didn't know, that the mod-zip-files are containing special rulesets (i thought they are already installed with CMMOS) and need to be added seperately.

When i store the MOD.zip files in another folder and ADD it, the MOD.zip is left unchanged and everything works perfectly.

[ November 22, 2002, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: Schoerner ]

Paddington,

The executable naming problem is because the BFC version (which is what all of my testers have) and the CDV version have different names for the CMBB executable ("Barbarossa to Berlin.exe" for the BFC version and "CombatMission2.exe" for the CDV version). A patch for this an a couple of other issues will be coming shortly.

Schoerner,

CMMOS is supposed to handle the case where you've put the mod ZIP into the CMMOS mods folder before you install it. There may be some differences in how different versions of Windows handle file and record locking. Please e-mail me at ("gordonemolek@poboxes.com") with a description of what version of Windows you are running so that I can hopefully track this down.

Thanks,

Gordon

Okay, time to resurrect this thread. I've loaded the new CMMOS, and all rules, mods, etc,. All is fine except for one thing. The DS_SV_TRACKS_CMMOS_HR.ZIP file/mod, does not show up in the mod viewing area for selection. And, didn't load all the treads until I manually renamed the bmp's and placed them in the CMBB/bmp directory. I was sorta figuring it would show up, and then all the tread versions in the future would be there so you could switch between treads. But there ain't no pitchure of no treads. What's up with this?

[ November 23, 2002, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]