New scenario available

Hey dumbo good job! I played it last night as the Germans.. the Germans suprise was a good touch and it saved the battle for me, fairly tough fight and i love the map put together and the force balance was really good.. though i think the British may be a bit weak...

Only problem I noticed was the squad specific names in the briefing? I knew which squads you were talking about by location, but I think the squads you chose in making it had one set of names, then the game randomized them or something whenever someone else plays...?

I have downloaded it, yet haven't played it. I see you say the British may be a bit weak. Should I be the Brits first to make it harder? Or is it designed to be the Germs first? Looking forward to playing in the AM

------------------

CrapGame out

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

!

I played it first as the Germans. Reconned ahead with dismounted infantry, over-ran the outlying Brit forces and manages to get 2 HMG42s and a platoon into the town early on.

Eventually over-ran the town while the Brit reinforcements milled around a bit.

I put two infantry platoons into the woods on either side of the main road leading into the town and actually managed to close-assault a Churchill and destroy it after missing with my fausts.

StuG took out the other Churchill.

I think the Germans have a bit too much firepower in this scenario. Won it something like 87 to 13 ( lost 1 Pz IV to the other churchill before killing it with a StuG)

Thanks for the feedback gents.

version 1.01 is now available with changes based on your comments.

Fixed names (I hope)

German forces slightly reduced for play balance.

available at same place

http://sites.netscape.net/rodvikh/Blakedown.cmb

Crapgame: It was designed to give Germans a fairly easy attack secenario as the allies have so many 8) Secondly I wanted to capture one of the fun village skirmishes I played with 20mm minatures in my youth. Its hard for me to judge which side if more fun to play first time off as I obviously know both sides forces. Take your pick, the brits certainly have the greater challenge but you will get a lot of satisfaction if you win first time out as Brits 8)

Cheers

_dumbo

[This message has been edited by dumbo (edited 06-23-2000).]

Maximus any info more than that? smile.gif

If it doesnt download remember URLS are often case sensitive (so make sure its got a captital B in it).

It was also made using ver 1.01 but that shouldnt make any difference.

Cheers

_dumbo

Did a right click on your link above and did a "Save Link as" and then copied it from my "Working Folder" to the CMBO/Scen folder. Go to start the scenario and it kicks me out of the game.

------------------

"I for one, am pretty damn close to Genius"--Ol' Blood & Maximus

Played as British and got creamed. I was doing O.K. for a while, until the heavens opened up. I don't think that there is any challenge in this for the Germans, but that was the intent I guess. If anybody wins this as Brits, I for one, will never want to play them. HeHe.