Placed Damage Buildings?

• 3 weeks later...

Can you give me a page reference? The bit on 163 is the only thing I could find, but that doesn't seem to do the trick (although its good for destroyed/rubbled factories and bridges, and it's also how you get rubble on fire.)

I've been looking through the manual for this, and I can't seem to find it :(

Yup - I don't see it either. I can make destroyed bridges or buidlings but am unable to make partially damaged ones. For that matter I don't see how it is possible to create craters.

Anyone able to enlighten me?

Cheers,

Originally posted by camp:

For that matter I don't see how it is possible to create craters.

Anyone able to enlighten me?

Cheers,

The command for creating craters (on a PC) is Alt-and then either 1, 2, 3, or 4. The larger the number, the larger the crater. Just issue that command and click on the map to place your craters. Alt-5 exits the crater mode.

OK, here's the best solution for partially damaged buidlings that I could come up with:

Go into the scenario map editor and have it generate a map with buildings (village, town or large town). Set the damage level to medium or heavy. Then preview the map to figure out which buildings are partially damaged. Afterwards you can edit the map however you want, just make sure not to erase the damaged buildings...

True - that would work. The only thing is that you are stuck with the damaged buildings in the location they are placed by the computer. There must be a way as it is my understanding that all CMBB operations and battles that come on the CD were made using the same editing software.

There has to be a way - there just hasta!!!

;)

So, I guess you are all talking about this...

damage.jpg

</font>

• Create a map a little more than twice the size you want --the editor will concentrate the damage in the center of the map. by going twice as big you get a more even distribution </font>
  • Auto generate a large town (not town or village) and set the damage level you want (above was set to medium) -- Large town means lots of buildings. You need that for this to work right</font>
  • Preview the map -- don't skip this step</font>
  • You can now crop the map down to the size you want (keeping the center portion) and clear the terrain and elevations -- you don't have to clear the terrain and elevations, but I like working with a blank map</font>
  • Make your map. You will have shellholes already placed and your buildings will be randomly damaged/destroyed </font>

It says right in the manual, (er, somewhere), that to make a damaged bridge, (buildings the same?), you have to use a "trick" of sorts.

Edit your map, and place a rubble tile where you want the damaged building. Then, (this is the trick), you have to *preview* the map, id est, look at it in the normal 3d. That causes the "damaged" bit flag for that hex to be set. Then go back and edit the map some more, this time putting your building on top of that damaged square.

If IRC,

Eden

Originally posted by Eden Smallwood:

It says right in the manual, (er, somewhere), that to make a damaged bridge, (buildings the same?), you have to use a "trick" of sorts.

Edit your map, and place a rubble tile where you want the damaged building. Then, (this is the trick), you have to *preview* the map, id est, look at it in the normal 3d. That causes the "damaged" bit flag for that hex to be set. Then go back and edit the map some more, this time putting your building on top of that damaged square.

That gives you rubbled buildings. Useful for bridges, factories and churches (for which there is no rubbled tiles), but that won't give you damaged buildings... well, less than rubbled damage that is