Italian OOB bug

There's a bug in the Italian OOB that names the Pioneer Company as a Cavalry Company (the units are correct however, only the name is wrong).

BTW speaking of Italian cavalry, the terms Battalion and Company used in the game should be substituted respectively with Squadron Group (Gruppo Squadroni) and Squadron (Squadrone). Terms such as Battalion (Battaglione) and Company (Compagnia) were not used in the cavalry.

Amedeo

Amedeo,

Found it smile.gif It will be fixed for 1.02 patch. As for the names of Cavalry units, it was common for most nations to use different names for them. However, we felt it would be confusing to people since there is too much variation. So we kept Infantry style names for all cavalry units of all nations. We did this in CMBO as well.

Steve

Oh man, as an ex-cav guy I have to say that's a dam**d shame. I think it adds a lot of flavor to the game to have authentic period military terminology or even native language unit designations.

At least change the cavalry designations to Squadron/Troop (battalion/company respectively) where such were used! The germans switched between the two for some of their recon units. I think the early war used Squadron/Troop then they switched to battalion/company (the german language equivalent that is).

Ren