TCP/IP

acanuck

Help...Unable to connect to any opponents via TCP/IP. I have windows XP Home, high speed connection, and run MS firewall.Have allowed cmbb to access through firewall and also have a wireless D Link 624 hooked up. Have tried to follow instructions in manual in opening a port in the router, but still nothing works. Whether I try to connect or my opponent, we both get the response " Cannot connect to specified IP address." My opponents can play each other , so it must be my connection.

I have read all the threads and tried online support, but so far no luck. I am at the end of my limited knowledge on computers and request help

Been playing PBEM, but now wish to try TCP/IP. If anyone has any ideas, they would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Have you tried turning off the MS Firewall ? Is CM on the 'exceptions' listed when you allowed it through ? Did you use TCP Port 7023 for the excepted port (it's the only one necessary to my knowledge) ?

What particular revision of the D-Link DI-624 Wireless Router do you have ( DI 624 Router revisions) and have you updated the firmware for it ?

How did you add CM to the firewall rules of the Wireless Router ? Have you added anything else to it that works ? You haven't specified external IP addresses on the 'Source' line have you ? Generally I don't think that you would want to do that and that the form should take in a wildcard character (*) for any IP address to access playing CM.