QB Map Pack #2 Ready for Action.

Hot on the heels of Map Pack #1 comes MP#2, and this one features a bonus of 3 set-ups for each map, so you can attack, defend or even a meeting engagement. 4 maps, the first is:

citystation.jpg

City Station

This map is depicts a grimy industrial district, with a train depot at one end and a light airfield at the other. Dominating the center is a large hill. Heavily damaged.

ForestRailhead.jpg

Forest Railhead

Depicting a railhead in the deep northern woods, this map is especially good for infantry heavy forces, though tanks too can use it.

ForestVillage.jpg

Forest Village

A village in the woods must be defended from all around. I really like this map.

ValleyTown.jpg

Valley Town

A village rests between hills and a large bluff. This map is well-suited to combined arms tactics, and was made with an eye towards 1941 quick advances by the Wermacht, but I played it as Germans defending in 1944, and it was perfect! My second favorite so far!

That's all this time boys and girls (girls?). You can get the whole set at CM Mod Database and I've also submitted each map separately to The Scenario Depot

[ November 29, 2002, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]

Thanks, guys. Yes, I think Forest Railhead gives an excellent tactical challenge. Many choices. I try to make all my maps tactically challenging with multiple approaches, defensive line options for the defender, and an eye towards re-playablity (i.e. not a 'puzzle' to solve.) Plus I try to make them, if not historically accurate, at least thematically and naturally relevant.

Treeburst, feel free to use them in any tourneys you might be arranging! I know in the past you've spent a lot of time making maps for the challenges.

Also, they are now up and online at The Scenario Depot so rate them and tell me what you think!

Really great stuff Panzer Leader. Cool. As in totally sweet. I flipped out and kicked my mom in the face when I saw them.

Thanks for labelling them so clearly. Some QB maps out there are only labelled by number which makes them pretty useless for a, well, a quick battle.

You'd have to go through them all and write down somewhere what each of them was suitable for.

Thanks again for some great maps!

Cheers,

Jason

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Really great stuff Panzer Leader.

I second that, or fourth or so as the case may be.

I tried AlliedAttackForestVillage- ah yes, a QB Map, not too large, with a non-generic setup zone. Exactly what I wanted in my virtual stocking this year. AAFV has a real boost for the attacker- would be a good one for helping the AI attack. It's a keeper- Thank you Panzer Claus. What could be better than a QB with a different setup zone??

Thanks for labelling them so clearly.
Indeed. If I may make a suggestion, (?), since I now have 83 QB maps in that folder, and growing, the last ten percent to perfection for me would be to take up a naming scheme which includes the author, and abbreviates the type, like Old Dog has done in the pack he just released, (thanks OD):

PL_ForestVillage_XA.cme

While I'm ranting, a 'name' which kind of helps us remember which one we used would be good, too- something more memorable. Say, if it's an urban ME,

PL_CitySlickers_ME.cme

or if it's an allied attack on a farm,

PL_GreenAcres_LA.cme

Anyhow- don't mind me, I'm a naming freak; just an idea. smile.gif

Eden

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Thanks Eden for more positive feedback, I have started the PL_ thing and am toying with more catchy names.

Oh sure sure you're welk. Yes I saw that you did upload a new map with a quick-grokâ„¢ name to COG's brand new *Mapabase*!!

I have a dream, that someday I will go to the Mapabase and search from among millions of maps for all allied attacks of medium size in an urban setting... with two bridges and a RedStarbucks. smile.gif

SO, wanna be my personal map tester, then?
YES for all small and medium! Well how do we define 'large' anyhow? But the point is, as time goes on I'm noticing that with so many Large scenarios coming into SD, I'm using the QB function to get in my 'after dinner CM snack' sized battles.

Also, for some reason or reasons which probably deserve their own entire thread for explication, the marked majority of scenarios suitable for SP are recommended As Axis, so in QB I always play Allies to try and even it out, or something.

LASTLY, (I'm on an unexpected roll here), while I'm at it, although I'm not a grog I have the sneaking suspicion that when all scenarios are averaged together, there is alot more *armor* present than what was present in history, (?), so in QBs I tend to go for something suitable for a mostly infantry force, once again, not because I don't like tanks, but just to "even it out".

Anyhow! Have gloves, will test. smile.gif

Eden

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

So how did you like "Bald Mountain"? It was really meant for pbem I guess, so I wonder how the AI would handle that atrocity?

"Bald Mountain", eh? Now why does that ring a bell?

Just recently finished interesting QBs with RailCrossing and ForestRailhead, in my quest to help the AI attack me... Could feed you back on those for sure, if interested. But I should get to "BM" today, unless the dam breaks. Will post in Scenario forum, rather than bore everyone here. (I'd much rather bore everyone there)

Eden

Eden