CMBB - PBEM problem

Scipio

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

Is your pal using the full release or a beta/final candidate ? Can you open the PBEM that you sent ? Did you zip the PBEM file or just send it as plain text ?

Scipio and I have been playing CMBO PBEM for a few years now. We send files zipped when large, unzipped when not. Never had trouble with CMBO files.

In this instance, it was a very small setup file and came unzipped.

I have the full version. Got it this morning.

When I try and open the file, CMBB simply goes into an endless wait. My machine isn't hung, but I have to end task CMBB. However, when I send Scipio a PBEM file, he opens it fine. Additionally, after he opens my PBEM file and sends it back, I am then able to load the PBEM file on my end.

The problem is I can not open an initial CMBB PBEM file from Scipio on my machine.

Craig

Another pal of me sended a file, same problem. Somebody else out there with the US release? I would like to send a setup to test, just to see if this happens on other PCs, too

[ September 22, 2002, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Scipio ]

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue, Stix sent me a file (he is in Austrailia) and when I go to click GO after unit purchase it just hangs. I am playing a stock scenario (no unit purchase) with another player just fine. Another interesting note, in an attempt to circumvent and troubleshoot the issue I started a QB on my PC and loaded the map that we were going to use. I picked my forces and such and it hung after unit choice. Just like if I loaded it from the PBEM file. Just an interesting tidbit.

Matt email file and cme file inbound.